Worst Hunt Of The Year Until...

...it wasn't. After 3 hours in the wet sand I had only found a few coins but I wanted to hit one last spot before calling it a day. I was pretty sure that it was going to be a long, disappointing drive home but soon after reaching the area I wanted to check I got a nice, loud signal on the Excal. I switched to "disc." and got a smooth full tone and had the target in my scoop on the first try.

A quick rinse in the surf revealed a nice silver colored band in the bottom of my basket. I could tell that it was a fresh drop silver ring and when I picked it up for a closer look I was underwhelmed by the design and thought, "Oh well, another one for the melt pile." I was pretty shocked when I looked inside the ring and saw "Gucci" "Made in Italy" and "Ag 925" stamped inside. A few weeks ago I found what I thought was a nice gold chain (see picture) only to find that it was plated. Now I found what seemed to be a garden variety silver ring that is pricey "designer" jewelry. You just never know!

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/jewelry-watches/silver-jewelry/silver-rings/guccighost-ring-in-silver-p-477339J84000701

IMG_20220801_075506.jpg

IMG_20220801_080045.jpg

IMG_20220801_113325.jpg

IMG_20220713_152152.jpg

Great find. Must be nice hunting with that wind to cool you down.

52 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great find. Must be nice hunting with that wind to cool you down.

Thanks Rick. Yes, it was beautiful at the beach. Now I am back home where it's warm and humid. 🥵

I know those days where you swing your coil over your scoop just to make sure the stupid thing still works. That's an awesome ring! I seem to be the king of stainless steel right now, glad to see others getting some good finds. 

10 minutes ago, Skate said:

I know those days I actually where you swing your coil over your scoop just to make sure the stupid thing still works. That's an awesome ring! I seem to be the king of stainless steel right now, glad to see others getting some good finds. 

Thanks! I actually did that a couple times today. 😄  It's been a strange year. Good finds but not much gold.

Fantastic find for sure, and thanks for sharing the hunt with us.

Good luck on your next outing.

5 hours ago, Pyriteboy said:

Easy to pick out the outlier in your photo, George....Nice save to an otherwise dismal session.....Gucci=precious metal price multiplier....

-Jerry

Thanks Jerry, It didn't take long to realize that the lack of sand movement was going to limit me to fresh drops only. I could have opted for a dry sand hunt but I like the wet and, fortunately, I got the drop I needed.

On 8/2/2022 at 12:13 AM, Valens Legacy said:

Fantastic find for sure, and thanks for sharing the hunt with us.

Good luck on your next outing.

Always happy to share VL! I forgot to mention that I bumped into another hunter with a shiny new Deus 2 - first one I have seen in the wild.