Pretty Good Lake Hunt

When the beach doesn't look too promising I am fortunate to have a few lakes to hunt. This particular lake that I hunted gets pounded by pirates but after a busy weekend I was hopeful for a few fresh drops. I can't remember when I last used the Excal for a fresh water hunt but I decided to give it a go.

I found the 14K white gold band and $20/$10/$5 dollar bills early in the hunt in about 4ft of water which sure made the rest of the hunt more relaxing.  I have found paper money in this lake before but not in a while so finding $35 was a real treat. Next time I'll have to bring a mask and snorkel to swim through the "money garden" before the boats and wind mess with the visibility. The "gold" chain was an eyeball find and is stamped "10k". It looks really good but seems too light at 4 grams.

Even though I found a decent number of coins, many of them are tarnished or corroded. Obviously, many had been there a while so I think a lot of the guys that hunt there just go for the quick and shallow fresh targets. GL & HH!

IMG_20220822_193145.jpg

IMG_20220822_152749 (1).jpg

IMG_20220822_193631.jpg

What a way to have a great hunt!

Nice saves on the rings and necklace.

Good luck on your next outing.

Well done. 

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

What a way to have a great hunt!

Nice saves on the rings and necklace.

Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks VL, Yes, it was a hunt full of surprises.

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well done. 

Thank you Mitchell.

2 hours ago, strick said:

No shortage of targets there...nice work on the chunky band. 

Strick

Thanks Strick, Yes, first chunky band in a long time!

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Underwater money garden ? What settings were you USING ?🤪

Looks like you had a good day ! Mark that spot on the map.......

Thanks RVP, It's been so long since I have found paper money in the water that I almost didn't recognize it. This lake is very popular for pirates so it's first come - first served! 

Well , it looks like you earned a place at the table !   I'd go back for seconds of that dish !

I found a one dollar bill in a bush I was detecting under once......OK , it WAS in the parking lot of a bowling alley 🙄