Last Three Hunts

I haven’t gotten out much this month.  But the last three hunts were on the property where I work and each time I hit silver.  The 1904 O barber was a surprise.  It was wet that day and I thought it was just another clad quarter, but when I got home and counted my clad, I got a nice surprise!   Next up was the ‘63 rosie.  It was in a really trashy area and only maybe two inches deep but the D2 hit it hard with good numbers using a modified 5 tone general program.  Today was the ring.  I was using the fast program with disc at 41 and PWM pitch tones.  It was very shallow too and rang up 96 with a 97 coming in about every other pass.  I sorta thought it was going to be a silver quarter, but I’ll take the ring.  (This and the barber quarter is an example of why I’d like to see an expanded high conductor tid range.). I wasn’t going to post any of these but the quarter is a semi-key date and it’s been a little slow here with the bad weather going on across the country.  

AFE8287E-FDAA-4323-8223-F663B588CF7B.jpeg

548E1DDB-887B-48A5-98A8-EB2FF86F66C5.jpeg

72666091-2369-4FC0-B349-9CBEC0560DC7.jpeg

Beautiful barber quarter. Man if you're not gonna find much that is the stuff you want to find! Nice to see someone out there. 👍

Doesn't look like the Buffalo nickel gave up a date. 🤔

Very nice finds and it makes me jealous that I can't get out there to hunt.

It's cold, windy, and the creeks to high to sluice.

Just watch out when it warms up a bit more and I'll show you something nice. Just kidding.

Good luck on your next hunts and please stay safe.

You Sir are an inspiration!