I do have the WS6 master setup as well as the wristband setup.  I am going to check that out in few days.  Now if they can only make a hover coil so I can sit on park bench while it detects for me.  😂 

Drone detecting?🤔  Think I saw something like that on Discovery Channel!! Maybe that was Lidar i'm thinking of!?😂👍👍

5 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Drone detecting?🤔  Think I saw something like that on Discovery Channel!! Maybe that was Lidar i'm thinking of!?😂👍👍

Lidar mapping sees through the trees and buildings, recording height and depth. So many drones fly over my house, one of them has to be doing it 😀 guess they're looking for the holes where I bury all the gold and silver coins I find.

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

There are all kinds of mounds in the woods around the cellar hole, I'll have to look again with some implements of destruction. 😀

If you will use your detector or a Bottle probe you can make quick work out of your investigations. Most of the old Homesteaders would start filling up a convenient ditch or other low spot that was out of sight but close to the dwelling. They are pretty easy to find once you know what to look for. What ever wouldn't burn (metal & glass) got dumped. We call it "stopping up a ditch".

4 minutes ago, JCR said:

If you will use your detector or a Bottle probe you can make quick work out of your investigations. Most of the old Homesteaders would start filling up a convenient ditch or other low spot that was out of sight but close to the dwelling. They are pretty easy to find once you know what to look for. What ever wouldn't burn (metal & glass) got dumped. We call it "stopping up a ditch".

Thanks JCR!

I always appreciate suggestions from the experienced. 👍I have a probe of sorts, that's a great idea. 🙂

One think I've learned already from cellar hole hunting is that it makes me appreciate open field and beach hunting much more. 😀 Kac is another experienced cellar hole and woods hunter, he has to because the woods are about the only place his shovel doesn't bounce when he digs. 🤣

This area is a pre-tropical jungle of sorts, if you leave a spot untouched for any length of time the "jungle" comes back hard. 😵 There are some places on my permissions that are nearly impenetrable.

I'm pretty sure I looked at LiDar maps of this spot, and found them to not be detailed enough, probably for security reasons like GPS. Going to look again.

Some of my best Metal detecting tools are a good pair of loppers & bow saw. If the site is good I will even come in and  mow it out with my DR Field & Brush mower, move fallen limbs, whatever to get to the ground. It really pays off in finds.

13 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Enjoyed the dig and coffee as usual. 

Always great to have you come down, sometimes I feel bad when the hunts aren't all that fruitful due to your long travel, but ya saved me from having to buy dinner 😀

Your insights and advice are valuable to me, and I'm glad you can put up with my wild postulates. 🤣

I was really sad that the 900 didn't get into gear, it looks and feels like a great detector. I hope you do get to the bottom of the issue. 👍 With power lines almost a half mile off and no cell towers in the area that was really strange, maybe it was a drone LiDar mapping the area? 🤣 Yesterday there were Ospreys and A-10s flying all over, I couldn't hear my targets sometimes. A local naval air base does their training over this area instead of their home state, fewer people to complain I guess. 🤔

1 minute ago, JCR said:

Some of my best Metal detecting tools are a good pair of loppers & bow saw. If the site is good I will even come in and  mow it out with my DR Field & Brush mower, move fallen limbs, whatever to get to the ground. It really pays off in finds.

This farmer would let me do that, I have a lot of clearing tools myself. 👍 If I find other places unproductive I may dig deeper. 🙂

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Always great to have you come down, sometimes I feel bad when the hunts aren't all that fruitful due to your long travel

It's cheaper than paying for a therapist, though the stress level has significantly lowered since I started my new job...retirement.  I think you could tell from the last few visits. :laugh: