M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

Since Tom D. announced that they are released, maybe someone could ask him to announce US pricing and where exactly in the world they have been released to.

I'm in for the M8 whenever I can actually lay hands on one.  But as already mentioned, I ain't holding my breath.

- Dave

4 hours ago, strick said:

I just googled $379 AUD and that converts to $243 US dollars which is about the price of the Coiltex 10x5 we all have been buying for our Noxes here in the states ...am I missing something? I'm not pre ordering anything..I'll wait till they become in stock somewhere...

strick

You guys pay WAY too much for the Coiltek over there, The M8 Manticore coil is $379 AUD in Australia, the Coiltek 10x5" NOX coil is $285 AUD, often $260 AuD on sale.

It's the price of the 15x12" Coil that I think is really crazy though, $499 AUD.  

The CTX 17x13" Coil at the same shop is $449 AUD, Manticore 15x12" $499 so they want more for a smaller coil.  To buy both coils is going to cost me the price I can pick up a Legend with 2 coils included, seems a bit crazy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David N. said:

I just got an email advertising pre-orders in the US.  M8 at $239 and M15 for $329.

Is that MSRP or dealer’s discounted price?

59 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

Is that MSRP or dealer’s discounted price?

I don't really know.  This price is listed on their site (am I allowed to mention the name here?).   I haven't seen anyone advertising prices below MSRP for Minelab stuff here, but they will instead offer things like free shipping, no tax, and/or "free" accessories.  The first two are included on this one.  They do list that as the discounted price, but it is from an odd number that doesn't look like MSRP.

43 minutes ago, David N. said:

I don't really know.  This price is listed on their site (am I allowed to mention the name here?).

This isn't a sponsored by dealers site, so you can name dealers no problems, that's one of the great things about it, no bias towards any company or dealer when there is no associations with any.

• Like 1

US prices might be softened by the very weak Aussie dollar so on paper might seem somewhat okay.

1 Aussie dollar buys just 65 US  cents ☹️

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

This isn't a sponsored by dealers site, so you can name dealers no problems, that's one of the great things about it, no bias towards any company or dealer when there is no associations with any.

I knew it wasn't sponsored, but there are some dealers that post here.  Other sites can be pretty picky about sponsors and such.  I know people tend to be more level-headed here, which is also why I come here more, but I didn't want to do anything out of line.

The email was from Modern Metal Detectors.  I've never bought anything there, but had signed up for their emails when I was waiting for a Manticore.  I have no interest in pre-orders, but at least they made it clear that they would charge now and ship at what could be several months in the future