M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

On 8/3/2023 at 12:29 PM, TampaBayBrad said:

The nugget guys would probably like a 4".

I think Cabela's will be the first to get them. I go on there and check every so often.

I thought they were silly looking and couldn't get over the size (thinking it would take forever, and be too limited in me using it)....yeah.....about that... used it WAY more than the 6x9, or the 15. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/4/2023 at 12:31 AM, phrunt said:

Even Coiltek are likely to just release their same old sizes with the 10x5" 14x9" and 15" round,...

Not quite sure I understand what you are saying.  Coiltek has released multiple 6" round closed coils in the past for various ML detectors (e.g. 'Digger' coil for the X-Terra 705).  Do you mean the guts of those are vastly different than what will work with the Manticore and thus too much development cost to make it worth their while?

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Not quite sure I understand what you are saying.  Coiltek has released multiple 6" round closed coils in the past for various ML detectors (e.g. 'Digger' coil for the X-Terra 705).  Do you mean the guts of those are vastly different than what will work with the Manticore and thus too much development cost to make it worth their while?

Yes, I was more pointing to the CTX and Nox coils, they won't have to change much to make a Nox 10x5" coil for the Manticore I'm sure.  They're all geared up ready to go and make them without any major investment.  

I'd be super happy if they do a 6" though.  Put my name down for it now!!!! 

The kind of ridiculous stage has been reached.  It's 8 months now since Manticore shipped.  Thinking about trying some nugget hunting next month when it cools down just a little bit and I'm peeved that the M8 is still unobtanium.  It's like Minelab is doing everything they can to drive me away as a customer or something.  And I think it's working...

- Dave

This is what happened with the Nox...It was so long ago I forgot how long they took to release the accessory coils...I guess in the scheme of things these are 1st world problems...I've expressed my feelings about it as well but now I'll just chill out. I actually did ok last weekend with the 11 inch coil in a really trashy spot just taking my time steady as she goes... weeding stuff out amongst the trash...it is what it is as they say 🙂

From Minelabs web site

Minelab is pleased to announce that the new EQUINOX Series of detectors is expected to be available for purchase worldwide from late January, 2018 onwards*.

EQUINOX 6" & 15" COILS NOW SHIPPING

15 Oct 2018

Increase the potential of your Minelab EQUINOX with the NEW 6” and 15” Smart Coils

Minelab are pleased to announce the release of the 6” round and 15” x 12” elliptical Smart Coils for the EQUINOX 600 and EQUINOX 800 metal detectors.

strick

To be honest I don't care to spend over $300.00 on the M8. I may not get one right off the bat. I don't use small coils that often. If I find I need a small coil I'll just use my 800 with the Coiltek 10"x5" for the time being.

4 hours ago, longbow62 said:

To be honest I don't care to spend over $300.00 on the M8. I may not get one right off the bat. I don't use small coils that often. If I find I need a small coil I'll just use my 800 with the Coiltek 10"x5" for the time being.

I'm in exactly the same boat! I spend the majority of my time on the beach so I will be jumping on the 15" for my Manticore for that but I have the Coiltek 5"x10" sorta permanent like on my Nox800 for when I want to hit an urban park or something similar.

In my case it has genuinely caused me to give up on getting a Manticore. I was on the edge about getting one but with no coil options I kept putting it off. Now I just don't care anymore and given that I use a PI 90% of the time anyway I have decided I'll just stick with my old tried and true Equinox and the full coil set I have for it.