M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

Thanks Phrunt, is you dealer allowed by Minelab to ship to US?

Ringtail

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Ringtail said:

Thanks Phrunt, is you dealer allowed by Minelab to ship to US?

Ringtail

You're going to be just fine swinging the stock coil on the beach.  I really wouldn't go to extraordinary measures to overpay for the M15 with international shipping for a bit of additional coverage.  Just go with what you have and enjoy beach detecting.

Phrunt,

I reached out to you dealer by chat on their website asking if they shipped to the US. Here’s the response: “It would be best to order it from a US Minelab stockist as the warranty will be voided. You can find your closest dealer here: https://www.minelab.com/anzea/where-to-buy?search=…

I won’t bother trying Minelab site to find a dealer as it was useless when I used it to try find a Manticore.

I do really appreciate your willingness to help though, thanks!

Ringtail

Chase,

Thanks. I won’t pay for international shipping, but I did notice a considerable difference with 15” coil on my Equinox. Bigger coil = more depth and better coverage when searching large areas. 

I really appreciate the help from the community!

Ringtail

I have the M15 and I doubt I'll use my M11 much if at all anymore.   I was the same with the Equinox though, the 15x12" was my go to coil for beach and turf, in saying that I don't have much junk to deal with in any of the places I go. 

3 hours ago, Ringtail said:

Bigger coil = more depth and better coverage when searching large areas.

I know why you wanted it (and stated as much in my post) and if it was readily available here then it would be a no brainer.  Its a moot point now, but all I was saying is that it the relatively small degree of additional coverage and depth would not be worth overpaying for to get it in time for your trip (its already overpriced as it is).  If you really think you need that coverage and depth on your trip then just use the 800 with the large coil.  Otherwise, you are still going to be just fine with the Manticore and its stock 11" coil.  It's not like you are trying to cover the beach with a sniper coil.  It's a disappointment and really no excuse on ML's part that these accessory coils are still not available for Manticore.  I think the M15's will be readily available in the US come January, but there is still a chance you could get lucky getting one before your trip if you call around.  I have the opposite problem, I really need/want the M8.  Good luck and have a good trip.

Chase,

My apologies, I previous response was too brief and I didn’t clary express myself. I knew you understood stood the potential advantages of a larger coil, I have read enough of your posts to realize you know your stuff. I also appreciate you reminding me to be happy working with what I have and not to stress about something I can’t get. After all, this is just a hobby that we do to relax and have fun!

Thank you,

Ringtail

1 minute ago, TripleT said:

However they were told of the %25 price hike for January 1st.

That’s kind of adding insult to injury since we never had an opportunity to buy them at the current price.

Ringtail