Qz80 Metal Detector

DSMITH

2 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

Hey Mr H it is quite all rite with me if you delete it, I just could not believe the price they had up on their site makes the Deus 2, Manticore, and almost any detector made, in the VLFs quite reasonable when you look at the price they are trying to get for that Qz80 LOL

I might leave up but delete the links at least. On one hand it's good people see this stuff should be avoided, but I don't want to boost their traffic with links either. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I might leave up but delete the links at least. On one hand it's good people see this stuff should be avoided, but I don't want to boost their traffic with links either. 

I do understand, and I think you can tell by my responses, that I just could not believe someone would actually attempt to purchase one of these snake oil detectors, wonder how many new detectorist actually did purchase one LOL

DSMITH,

We've had similar threads before.  It is good that you have a place to post your questions about such equipment.  I've started at least one of them.

As Klunker alluded to, there are some of us who have actually bought some of these types of detectors/devices in the hopes of finding the Holy Grail and we're too embarrassed to tell the truth.

I think if we stick with a reputable brand name and they have other products it is unlikely we'll end up with a device that exceeds science because those companies want to have customers for their other products.

One offs are not very useful in our pursuit of treasure.  We'd be better off buying a one-of-a-kind treasure map.

On 2/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Here are some other examples of the fine technology they offer.

Well, from the looks of those products at least they read your website (I'm referring to this article).  "You want an antenna??  Hah!  I'll do better than that -- how about two, or three or four!!"