Renting A Caravan Or Motorcoach For Queensland???

Thx for that bb

I checked in the eastern part..but I couldn't find anything with the remote doctors group..I forget their name...Flying Doctors?

Anyway, I am game for that....I love it remote.. I was a medic with Army Special Forces.... back about the time Ayers rock showed up.

So I like it in the field...hospitals have too many mgmt women trying to micro manage nurses.

They basically walk around and dream up more things a nurse should be doing...That way they justify their existence...if they would just lend a hand it would be way better..

Rant over..

Yeah I will look in to it...

Thx again mate

Paul, DD Dancer offered some good advice. Just to give you an example of what can happen-

A friend of mine was in his 70's, been retired for a while. His wife died, he was adrift in life without a rudder. Like you he had always been enchanted with the idea of nugget hunting in Australia. So he asked his sister if she would like to go. BAM! Bought a couple GPX 5000's and flew down there. I can't remember the town but it was on the west coast I believe. Think remote and expensive. He buys a vehicle which turned into a huge nightmare. Title problems or something along that order. Instead of being out prospecting they were stuck in town trying to get the mess with their vehicle straightened out to the satisfaction of the authorities. As it was they spent nearly three months embroiled in a bureaucratic nightmare. If not for a friendly local taking them under his wing and showing them the ropes they would have had close to zero gold. They only ended up with one ounce of gold and my buddy told me the whole fiasco cost way north of $20,000.

I am not trying to rain on your parade, in fact I am extremely jealous and wish you the best of luck. I  am sure you have it covered, it is for others that may be contemplating this trip I am just trying to point out the need for prior planning. And if the worst case scenario should befall you it's best to have ample funds.

Merton is always trying to scare us ... 

Things like this would be fun for Paul!

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

Thx for that bb

I checked in the eastern part..but I couldn't find anything with the remote doctors group..I forget their name...Flying Doctors?

Anyway, I am game for that....I love it remote.. I was a medic with Army Special Forces.... back about the time Ayers rock showed up.

So I like it in the field...hospitals have too many mgmt women trying to micro manage nurses.

They basically walk around and dream up more things a nurse should be doing...That way they justify their existence...if they would just lend a hand it would be way better..

Rant over..

Yeah I will look in to it...

Thx again mate

Paul,

They have a Masters and damn well want to use it!

Mitchel

24 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Merton is always trying to scare us ... 

Things like this would be fun for Paul!

LOLOL,,,Aye thats when the fun begins... think of all the new friends you could make while getting things straightened out....

Good play Mitchel

19 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Hahahaha... Good questions Mitchel-------I'm going back to travel nursing so I can semi retire

!. I am leaving the VA this Friday. 

2. That's exactly why i need a Troopy.......so i can be mobile  enough to get out of town when they are tired of my smart a...

It is going to be a grand adventure and the journey begins TODAY !!!!!!!

I want to go to OZ for 3 months minimum to get a real feel for it---and as far as I know I am only going to be in Queensland--- it is such a huge place,,,, I would love to go to Coober Pedy or somewhere to get on some of those opals they have there...  I believe the Goldhounds have a contact for me in that area... and I need to see the pond too

Paul,

Congratulations on your service.

Also, good timing on your retirement.  You get Steve to give you detectorist of the year ... then you retire ... 

Steve probably thought you were going to keep working for a while and stay out of his patches.  Now ... you'll be driving the van!

Mitchel

You go one way and he goes ANOTHER.  I wouldn't want to go behind him ... or you now that JP has had you ...

Let's see I also wouldn't want to go behind Patrick, Chris, Lu, Martin, Fred, Merton, Wes, Wilma, Steve, Lucky ... anyone from Australia ... but most of the places I know someone has been there before!