Trash & Treasure - And More Trash!

That's exactly what I use - a small mesh goody bag with a cow magnet in the bottom to keep hair pins and wire from slipping out. I generally pick up any other surface trash I see and make a show of putting it in the trash cans. No problem here folks, just cleaning up the beach!

• Like 2

Good on you guys who get trash from the beaches.

I pick up all glass and all my metal finds and some plastic and paper.

When out today I run across the same guys on the beach that don't even have a pouch.  You follow them and all their metal trash is thrown about after they sometimes leave their holes open.  They have a PI and dig everything.

The only sense that makes to me is that they are not wasting their time to fill a hole.  They only want the good stuff and that is all they will keep. (Damn courtesy, politeness or safety!)

I'm glad others make a 'show' of being a garbage collector.  That is better for all of us ... happy trash collectors.

Mitchel

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That's exactly what I use - a small mesh goody bag with a cow magnet in the bottom to keep hair pins and wire from slipping out. I generally pick up any other surface trash I see and make a show of putting it in the trash cans. No problem here folks, just cleaning up the beach!

A magnet in the bag....... what a great idea Steve

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Good on you guys who get trash from the beaches.

I pick up all glass and all my metal finds and some plastic and paper.

When out today I run across the same guys on the beach that don't even have a pouch.  You follow them and all their metal trash is thrown about after they sometimes leave their holes open.  They have a PI and dig everything.

The only sense that makes to me is that they are not wasting their time to fill a hole.  They only want the good stuff and that is all they will keep. (Damn courtesy, politeness or safety!)

I'm glad others make a 'show' of being a garbage collector.  That is better for all of us ... happy trash collectors.

Mitchel

Yep I've seen people like that too; holes and dug trash between their foot prints right down the beach.. It takes so little effort to make a good or bad impression when beach swinging. I would often speak up when I 'd see these knuckle heads and their bad form but nothing but attitude in return......Whatever.

• Like 1