Masters Of Metal - Minelab Promotional Contest

Minelab has created an event.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/masters-of-metal

METAL HUNTERS, GEAR UP. IT’S SHOWDOWN TIME.

Prepare to prove your might in Minelab’s Masters of Metal tournament. The hunt is on. Teams of four. One goal: to triumph as the ultimate detecting champions. Expect the unexpected in an adrenaline fuelled battle filled with twists at every turn. The arena is ready. Your move. Minelab’s Masters of Metal: it’s time to dig in and stand out.

REGISTRATION

There will be 3 MASTERS OF METAL regional events throughout the Summer and Fall in various locations and one Final Championship in Alabama on November 10th to 12th. Choose the regional event below that your team wants to participate in and read the abbreviated rules at the bottom of this page. Register your team for the event. There will be a maximum of 30 teams per regional event. Individuals/teams can only register for 1 regional event.

AUGUST 5TH - NEW YORK
LOCATION: 34503 NYS Rte 12E, Cape Vincent NY in Jefferson County

OCTOBER 7TH TO 8TH - FLORIDA
EVENT: Central Florida Silver & Relic Hunt 2023

OCTOBER 13TH TO 15TH - ARKANSAS
EVENT: Treasure Fest 6 - Caddo Trading Co

ABBREVIATED RULES

THIS IS NOT A SWEEPSTAKES OR GAME OF CHANCE. THIS IS A CONTEST OF SKILL. Contest begins at 8:00 am EST on 08/05/2023 and ends at 11:59 pm EST on 11/12/2023. Entry limited to one Regional Event, and only one Entry per Person/Team. Maximum of thirty (30) total teams per Regional Event. PRE-REGISTRATION AND $100 USD ENTRY FEE PER TEAM REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. THE PURCHASE OF ANY GOOD(S) OR SERVICE(S) WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Open to legal residents of the United States who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of Entry, or if under the age of majority, have provided the legal parental consent form. Prizes consist of (1) a medal and $2,500 USD to compensate toward travel to Championship, to the first-place winning team of each Regional Event; (2) a medal and $1,500 USD to compensate toward travel to Championship, to the second-place winning team of each Regional Event; (3) a medal and $1,100 USD to compensate toward travel to Championship, to the third-place winning team of each Regional Event; and (4) a trophy and a Minelab® MANTICORE™metal detector worth up to $1599.00 USD to each Championship Round Winner Team Member and the designated alternate team member. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received; Regional Event Winners and Championship Round Winner will be determined by Judges. Total ARV of all Prizes awarded throughout the Contest is $23,295.00 USD. The Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with the prizes. Contest not open to Sponsor employees or volunteers of the Contest Events. Subject to full Official Rules at https://www.minelab.com/usa/masters-of-metal-rules

Sponsor: Minelab Americas, Inc. (“Minelab”).  This Contest is not endorsed or sponsored by Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or TikTok, or any other third party in any way.

• Like 1

They want to find great detectorists to promote their needs AND CHARGE ????? This is the same Minelab that decided big box stores were to get more Manticores than dealers.  A handful of (not all) dealers are some of the best detectorists out there...and Minelab already knows them.  Minelab is really stretching it now.  Boy have times changed.  Good luck to whoever accepts.

There's probably some fine print - No Minelab dealers allowed.  Reality is they pissed many off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

They want to find great detectorists to promote their needs AND CHARGE ????? This is the same Minelab that decided big box stores were to get more Manticores than dealers.  A handful of (not all) dealers are some of the best detectorists out there...and Minelab already knows them.  Minelab is really stretching it now.  Boy have times changed.  Good luck to whoever accepts.

There's probably some fine print - No Minelab dealers allowed.  Reality is they pissed many off.

Me not being a dealer I'm not going to pretend to know what dealers go through from Minelab.  My post was like a fantasy draft if you will.   

25 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

A handful of (not all) dealers are some of the best detectorists out there

True but out of that handful, how many excel at both nugget hunting and relics?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swegin said:

Me not being a dealer I'm not going to pretend to know what dealers go through from Minelab.  My post was like a fantasy draft if you will.   

True but out of that handful, how many excel at both nugget hunting and relics?  

I appreciate the confidence and yes I'm quite skilled on a variety of detectors as many of you know it's a passion thing I've been doing for 50 yrs.

What I find interesting about this whole thing is Minelab wanting to charge the people.  If this was a metal detector dealer or club and they were putting on an Open Hunt with prizes, then yes it's been going on for years.  But a detector manufacture doing it just doesn't sit well with me.  Hey, I'm just one guy who is going off of past experiences in my 50 yrs swinging and when I used to run the circuit of Hunts in the NW back in the 80's and 90s.  I get it, times change.  Just like Big Box Stores selling detectors.  Heck at one time my Dealer Contract protected me from such.

Well things certainly do change and so who knows, maybe this is something that will be come normal.

One thing that's interesting is they left out the Western States and the Prospectors, but yet they call the contest "Masters of Metal".  I guess Gold Nuggets are not metal?  Interesting title though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cuniagau said:

I sent that email to my SPAM folder!

😄 Me too.

• Like 1

I generally like Minelab detectors but I haven't bought a new one in some time.......I'm not sure if that will change anytime soon but the more people that give Minelab the middle finger the better.

I don't have formal business qualifications but from where I sit, Minelab appear hell bent on peddling some type of unsustainable business model with a focus on pissing off decent dealers and end users alike.

It's like a race to the bottom showcasing how to do things poorly.........and it simply wont last.

Audacity at its finest.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to Masters Of Metal - Minelab Promotional Contest

As gold prospectors and gold rushes dwindle, they're rapidly moving their focus to where the money is and they've said so in their investor reports so it's not a surprise, coin, jewellery and relic hunters.  This is another example of that and probably something they need to do. They'll sell many thousands more Manticores than they will 6000's, they'll sell far more Nox 700 and 900's than they will anything else on their books.  A bulk of the 6000 sales have already happened and this was evident with many dealers around the world still selling EMI problem models many months after the fix was introduced into all new detectors and many still selling them now.  6000 sales will be at a trickle now where as the Nox 700/900 and Manticore are still in their peak sales period so they'll focus events and marketing on them.

• Like 3