Recovery Speed And Ground Balance

20 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

When I have had a chance to use my detector (Nox 800) I always re- ground balance about every 20 feet when I am in a creek bed, because I know that the soil has changed in the area and I could have a false reading. I have only been able to get out with the detector about 4 times this year, and so I always use the factory settings and ground balance often

You should use Tracking Ground Balance. !!  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, midalake said:

In my limited manual GB experience. {depending on detector] one can get 2-3 points difference standing in one spot changing nothing. 

I can believe that.

I was referring to Automatic Ground Balance/Ground Grab. I don't see that kind of fluctuation where I detect on land, even in high iron mineralization using Ground Grab. The Equinox and Legend will usually decide on a specific number. Sometimes that number is a bit different on different days due to soil moisture levels.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Been said a few times already,  Check GB often..... My areas are 300 years of activities, After every target I quick test the GB, What good am I doing if it's not balanced?  What type of ground are you ground balancing to?  I don't use ground grab as I want to hear by doing it manually.  Realistic half the time "At best"  I'm correctly balanced. Always wondering.