More Freshwater Gold

Compass

I love hunting the wet sand at the beach but I am fortunate to have a few  lakes to detect when conditions are sanded in. My last trip to the lake produced 3 more gold rings but the best one was a deep class ring that I am guessing was lost many years ago because it is over 40 years old and has very little wear. It's a hefty little ring at 14.4 grams and has a name in it so I have already taken steps to locate the person who lost it. 

I found this ring in an area that I have hunted many times before but this one was deeper than most and found using the "all metal' mode of the Excal. I usually hunt lakes using some kind of discrimination because of the trash but this find may encourage me to go back and try for some more deep targets and just tolerate all the trash. 

IMG_20230924_195100__01.jpg

IMG_20230924_195711__01.jpg

WTG!

Nice stuff.

15 hours ago, mn90403 said:

WTG!

Nice stuff.

Thanks M, I was pretty happy to see the big class ring in the scoop. It seems like gold class rings are getting much harder to find these days.

52 minutes ago, Pyriteboy said:

Nice results George.....was the lake down any from the last time you were there?...how did your partner do?

-Jerry

Thanks Jerry, The lake level seemed to be about the same or a maybe a bit lower than last time. My buddy found 4 rings but all were junkers. I'm sure that he had more coins than I did but he usually hunts closer to the shore while I wade out to my chest depth.

11 minutes ago, midalake said:

Can't remember it I ever had a three-gold ring day!!!  Outstanding! 

Thank you midalake, When I do the rings are usually very small. Those big class rings can be like finding 10 average rings so I've decided to try and find more of those. 😄

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Congrats on your gold rings, well done! The class ring looks in pristine shape!

Yes CPT, for a ring over 40 years old it has very little wear so it must have been lost for a long time, say, maybe for 30-40 years. I and a few friends have hunted this lake and this spot for over 30 years and it's hard to believe that none of us ever found this ring before.