I miss the good old days when Gold Prospecting machines like the Goldmaster V-SAT. the Gold Bug 2, and Lobo Super-Traq didn't have screens.  Models today are very top-heavy.  On a recent trip to Northern California, I was plagued by my detector falling over while trying to isolate the target over its 5" coil.

Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket stand?  The Arm Cuff base just isn't cutting it.

TIA!

I just lay my 6000 and GM1000 on the side as rarely do they want to stand up.  They may as well have been the Deus where its legs don't even touch the ground and are more of a decoration 🙂

I haven't found a good solution that's not cumbersome like the PVC pipe methods, the 3D printed leg stands look OK but I've not tried one of them, I doubt they'll be tough enough for me, plus they're so small on their feet section I just don't see it suiting me and my hilly terrain.

2 hours ago, Bohemia Miner said:

I miss the good old days when Gold Prospecting machines like the Goldmaster V-SAT. the Gold Bug 2, and Lobo Super-Traq didn't have screens.  Models today are very top-heavy.  On a recent trip to Northern California, I was plagued by my detector falling over while trying to isolate the target over its 5" coil.

Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket stand?  The Arm Cuff base just isn't cutting it.

TIA!

Nokta makes this both these I have posted links for work great I have both and use both

https://seriousdetecting.com/products/nokta-metal-detector-stand-impact?variant=45211653144860&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4O_f6PXugQMVGM3CBB3pogu7EAQYAiABEgKaQvD_BwE

They also make this one which is for round shafts

https://www.amazon.com/Nokta-Makro-Detector-Compatible-Shafts/dp/B0859KQ9LW/ref=asc_df_B0859KQ9LW/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507789767889&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2869600066964634257&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030205&hvtargid=pla-1301312183882&psc=1