56 Rings In 4 Days!! Amazing New Washout

17 hours ago, Skull diver said:

It's hard to talk about a virgin spot today, but apparently you're in one of those places where some god keeps away men with shovels and detectors 😂

Ha, yes it's very treacherous here and most detectorists don't bother. You can only really get there on a .1 tide. Most low tides we get are .3 and .4 so there's very few opportunities to detect this patch. The other guy was snorkeling to find his 6 gold rings - I find it easier to wade. It's very rare to have a tide low enough with clear enough water to snorkel it. As it's a surf beach, it gets very murky, especially with all the clay and sand being mixed up. 

16 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Amazing for sure,what else can someone say.

Good luck on your next outing, or go buy a lottery ticket because with that type of luck you would surely win.

Thank you! We always have luck here, it's been close to 3 years since we discovered it and have pulled over 400 rings from the area. My total ring finds add up to 639 in 5ish years, so majority have been at this area which is super cool.

13 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

🤯 DANG that's a good post !

So !, how many heart attacks during all those recoveries ?

Many! Especially after finding the platinum and then the chain hehe. Both very hard to find. I've only ever found 1 other full platinum ring and 2 gold chains (1 chain by accident though). Gosh the adrenaline was flowing thats for sure. 

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Unbelievable treasure trove, TTT. 👍 what detector(s) have you located all this with?

You really found the sweet spot with the low tide, congratulations, and I hope you aren't done. 🏆

Every time we go there and only get 1 ring, or sometimes none, we start to think maybe we've just got it all. But then you can go back a couple of weeks later and boom, things like this happen. We've had many days like this years ago when it washed out but it's rare for a new patch to wash out that we haven't done before. Up until April I was using the Equinox 800 w/ 15" coil but since then I've been using the Manticore with the 11" coil. I've considered the 8 and 15 coils for the manticore but I absolutely love the 11" for the water around here. 

12 minutes ago, matt said:

Regardless of how buggered I would be, finding that many rings would motivate me to out every day or night until that place gets sanded in. Nice finds! Hope you didn't leave some behind...

Unfortunately with getting up at 5am the next day I just couldn't push myself anymore 😞 I'm definitely heading back in the coming weeks, I know there's going to be more for sure and I'm dying to get back there. Thankfully I've secured a new job which gives me more time off during summer so I can hit more areas like this. 😄 

• Like 8

That's a magic beach ! Probably never run out. 

You are indeed a son of the beach ! With the royal order of  lucky cluster medal no less. Welcome to the club .  I am unworthy.😎

Hey . Did you find a decoder ring yet ? 🤠 There MUST be one of those there !

• Haha 1

Beautiful! And don't let it rest.

I had a area like that I got close to 100 plus gold rings from in 9 months, half way thru that 8th month a storm messed up all. If I go there now it is impossible to find anything. Covered and moved, doubt I will ever see that there in my lifetime, again.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

You certainly took advantage of the full moon!  What a haul.  I'm guessing it happens more often than we ever know about.  Most people don't post such things any more.  I'm glad you did.

I'm convinced that jewelry is like crabs.  The waves and the currents group it together into big patches that make it into metal detector range every so often.  I stay up on the banks and find it now and then.  You guys that go out and wade find more of the heavies that don't get moved up and a diver can hit some really virgin spots.

Joe said it right.  It moves and best to get after it again and again while it is there. 

• Like 2

Thanks all! I’m heading back there for another amazing set of low tides this week. Hoping I can get another dozen or so rings from it! Praying it hasn’t sanded in 🙏 

• Like 2