Nugget Finder Z-search 3 Different Version Coils?

The reason why they dropped the Zsearch could just be lack of capacity. The Xceeds are in huge demand and they might just focus on those to ramp up production. They are after all not a mass producer.

GC 

• Like 1

Their demand seems bigger than it is due to lack of supply, Coiltek on the other hand being the much bigger company can produce coils much quicker and in bigger quantities so they don't have the supply issues yet it appears the NF coils are more in demand as people are struggling to get them and are vocal about it, quite a good marketing strategy really in that regard. 

Note Coiltek came out with their coils and all sizes quickly and with no real supply problems, NF has struggled to get more than one size to market and even then, it can't meet basic demand with dealers getting a handful of coils each time.   Let's not forget NF often say coils are coming by this date, a year later nothing, another year goes by you may get a few appear, at the moment it still says the Sadie and 16x10 are coming in 2023, good luck with that.  Over promising and under delivering is a pattern that is clearly obvious with NF since the Z-search was announced, take the 12" Z-search, advertised years before it arrived, the 17x13" was hardly any better and the 6000 coils have been delay after delay.

The website thing is bizarre, it's always been a mess and a complete amateur job but has got worse the past year or so.  I'd say they may have lost the password but some updates take place occasionally, I think it's just a very low priority which is odd in an internet world.

They're a very small business, doesn't really excuse all of the problems though, they make good product when you can get it but struggle to be able to deal with the whole thing, very unprofessional, I just want my damn Sadie for the 6000 I've waited for over a year for already, why even mention it coming if it's coming one day, possibly, maybe, someday other than to try slow Coiltek's sales, by the time the Sadie comes out I may have lost interest like probably many have with the Z-search by moving on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 5:04 PM, phrunt said:

Their demand seems bigger than it is due to lack of supply, Coiltek on the other hand being the much bigger company can produce coils much quicker and in bigger quantities so they don't have the supply issues yet it appears the NF coils are more in demand as people are struggling to get them and are vocal about it, quite a good marketing strategy really in that regard. 

Note Coiltek came out with their coils and all sizes quickly and with no real supply problems, NF has struggled to get more than one size to market and even then, it can't meet basic demand with dealers getting a handful of coils each time.   Let's not forget NF often say coils are coming by this date, a year later nothing, another year goes by you may get a few appear, at the moment it still says the Sadie and 16x10 are coming in 2023, good luck with that.  Over promising and under delivering is a pattern that is clearly obvious with NF since the Z-search was announced, take the 12" Z-search, advertised years before it arrived, the 17x13" was hardly any better and the 6000 coils have been delay after delay.

The website thing is bizarre, it's always been a mess and a complete amateur job but has got worse the past year or so.  I'd say they may have lost the password but some updates take place occasionally, I think it's just a very low priority which is odd in an internet world.

They're a very small business, doesn't really excuse all of the problems though, they make good product when you can get it but struggle to be able to deal with the whole thing, very unprofessional, I just want my damn Sadie for the 6000 I've waited for over a year for already, why even mention it coming if it's coming one day, possibly, maybe, someday other than to try slow Coiltek's sales, by the time the Sadie comes out I may have lost interest like probably many have with the Z-search by moving on.

When the 25"ddx coil finally got released for the gpx detector they kept saying more sizes coming but that never happened. I was really looking forward to a 18"ddx coil or similar to compliment the 18" advantage mono in the hot ground I detect. Gave up on the 16"x10" exceed being released after paying for it and waiting over 12 months only to have 2 more price increases so I end up getting a refund. I'll see what happens next year, not holding my breath though. 

• Sad 3

I see that as the dealers fault just as much as Nugget Finders, they shouldn't' have taken money for a product that doesn't even exist, NF did however have dates on their website at various times saying coming by this or that month, then it changed to sometime in 2023 and now it still says that so dealers did get the impression just like customers they were coming very soon, I guess they should have learnt from the Z-search fiasco though with the 12" being announced something like a year and a half before it came out, and the 17x13" also getting a stretched out timeline.  The dealer should have known it was a high risk to sell something with a business that has a history of being late or just not delivering at all like the DDX, dealers should never take payment without having product if the reason is to gather customers for a new product release, bad business practice, I think, they just want to secure the sale to get their profits.

Currently the website says this, the 16x10" is next in queue so it still has a little bit of time to make the current deadline, the Sadie has no hope of making it by 2023.

NEW SIZES COMING IN 2023 INCLUDE

(16"X10") Mono

(8.5"x6") Mono

• Like 4

7 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

It's a shame NF has some difficulties, I have never used better coils and I've had a bunch of them.

Glad you are happy with NF coils (past and present).  They are an asset to our hobby and helps us find more gold.

As for my previous experiences with NF.  I'll compare them to my Coiltek.

I've probably ran at least 20 different coils from both NF and CT in years past and I've been able to dig quite a few extra ounces of gold with both.  Early on one of my favorites at Rye Patch was the 14" round MONO (the orange one).  It seems one company will have the upper hand for a series and then it goes back to the other.  I know there are other brands out there, but for 2 cents, I feel you need to stick with CoilTek or Nugget Finder as their longevity in this industry is solid.

Lets hope on the next ZVT gold machines, both companies give us options and do it sooner than later.

• Like 4

The last few years have been tough on a lot of people and businesses all over the world. That tough will have a flow on effect in economies and peoples lives for a long time to come. In the gold game nothing is ever what it seems and conjecture will almost always lead to getting things wrong which can then lead to supposition and even embellishment dependant on the discourser, the platform and their POV. Take everything you read online with a grain of salt, especially repetitive factoids, very few people have an inside scoop on the truth.

Right now there are plenty of quality coil choices for the 6000 with more in the offing and there is absolutely nothing wrong with what comes supplied. The GPX6000 is a fickle highly strung beast that pushes the PI envelope beyond extremes, that’s why it costs the big bucks.

To an end user it seems so simple to turn on and go and ping a piece of gold. It would have to be THE most ridiculously easy machine I have ever used in 28 years of field testing. It is light weight, it has minimal simplistic controls, it’s user interface is not complex, it is a field trainers delight, but that’s where the simplicity ends. The underpinning tech is the complete opposite, it is complex and powerful and requires very fine tolerances to get right, it took huge amounts of R&D effort to get it to the finished product.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion

JP

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1