Avantree Interested In Hearing From You

1 hour ago, Wiggins said:

Hi all, I work for Avantree, and I stumbled upon this forum and noticed that many of you in the prospecting community are enjoying our Torus for use with your detectors!

We would love to continue supplying quality audio devices for the prospecting community. We're currently developing a new product called the Sky Infinity. It is a bundle including our Infinity earbuds (https://www.avantalk.com/products/infinity-multifunctional-wireless-earbuds) and the Relay Bluetooth transmitter (https://avantree.com/relay-airplane-bluetooth-adapter-for-headphones). We will also include a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter so you can plug the Relay into your detector.

The Infinity earbuds have the aptX Adaptive and LE audio codecs. aptX Adaptive's latency levels are slightly higher than aptX Low Latency (which the Torus has) at 60ms delay v.s 40ms, but provides far superior sound quality. LE audio is a new technology as phrunt mentioned earlier, which trumps both aptX Adaptive and aptX Low Latency. Unfortunately, we do not yet have a transmitter that supports LE audio, but if there's enough interest in this, we can definitely develop one! 

If you're interested in trying the Sky Infinity bundle for use with your detector, let me know via message. We can send you one to try! 

If you have any other ideas for a product that would work well with your detector, please share and we can develop something great for you.

Sounds interesting, I currently use the Torus for all my detectors, some detectors have built in wireless connection that utilizes aptX LL

Personally I wish Avantree would make a set of true Bone Conduction headphones that would work in aptX LL which I know is becoming obsolete, I also use a set of your Lingo's but they are not Bone conduction they are air conduction

Here is the thing to keep in mind when developing a product for hearing the tones of the detector, the Latency needs to be as low as possible the lower the better because otherwise you end with to much Lag, when you have to much Lag then you end up digging holes that are to far off the target, audio quality is good but if you could come up with something that is less than 40ms that would be fantastic like say 20-30 ms, The reason the Torus works so good is because of the Latency of 40 ms or less

• Like 6

I believe LE can use a lower bitrate to achieve lower latency.

Sound quality as in very high quality audio isn’t near as essential as low latency and stable audio.  The audio from a detector is pretty basic.

Crackling, popping, dropping out and hissing are a gold prospector with a detectors nightmare as you are looking for very faint targets in an otherwise noisy threshold sound.

I’m so pleased Avantree are willing to work with detector users to make suitable products, thank you Avantree.

We can offer plenty of ideas to help make a great product to suit detecting opening up a new market for you, the Torus isn’t ideal but it’s currently the best option we have.

• Like 8

The Avantree Audition Pro over the ear headphones work really well with many current BT 5.0 APTX low latency transmitter equipped metal detectors. They have a well balanced tone range and plenty of volume and are very comfortable to wear. I hope you can keep making them for a bit longer since there are several very popular metal detectors that they work great with and are a big step up from the stock wireless headphones provided by Minelab. 

• Like 5

The Torus are spot on for Latency.  Ive been pulling tiny tiny pieces with them. Not sure how 60ms will be versus 40ms.  But I agree Phrunt it cant be low enough. Ill take a dose of really good sound quality though.  Can somebody explain if these new ones mentioned are completely wireless on the 6000s?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wiggins said:

Unfortunately, we do not yet have a transmitter that supports LE audio, but if there's enough interest in this, we can definitely develop one! 

Currently I use another brand as a LL transmitter and have an Avantree AS70 as the LL the receiver - and then I can plug anything I want into that - headphones, ear buds, sports ear buds, etc - and still remain wireless from my detector.  

If I could pair an Avantree LE transmitter and sender that had sub 30 ms latency that I can use across several detectors that doesn't interfere with them - perfect.  And including the volume function that the AS70 already has would be useful too.  

For Avantree to try and produce a set of LE headphones that are going to be to everyone's liking is near impossible.  For example, I hate headphones and never wear them.  Provide  transmit/receive devices and then let people use their favorite head-sets. 

Oh, and waterproof, dustproof, shock proof, a clip to attach to a shirt or detector cover and a battery life of 15 hours plus please  🤣

Happy to test it when it is ready  🙃

P.S.  I have only ever ordered 1 Avantree product and it was direct from Avantree.  From when I ordered it the product release was delayed by several months.   To the companies credit a staff member called Lucy sent an email every month letting me know what was happening. I assumed that much of that was automatically generated but I replied on one occasion to clarify what was happening and Lucy gave a very honest and appropriate answer.  Would buy from them again  👍

• Like 5

Love the Torus on speaker, have used them extensively and exclusively on the 6K since its production, for me a low latency reliable neckband speaker is the go, ear buds or over ear muffs are out.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Northeast said:

Currently I use another brand as a LL transmitter and have an Avantree AS70 as the LL the receiver - and then I can plug anything I want into that - headphones, ear buds, sports ear buds, etc - and still remain wireless from my detector.  

If I could pair an Avantree LE transmitter and sender that had sub 30 ms latency that I can use across several detectors that doesn't interfere with them - perfect.  And including the volume function that the AS70 already has would be useful too.  

For Avantree to try and produce a set of LE headphones that are going to be to everyone's liking is near impossible.  For example, I hate headphones and never wear them.  Provide  transmit/receive devices and then let people use their favorite head-sets. 

Oh, and waterproof, dustproof, shock proof, a clip to attach to a shirt or detector cover and a battery life of 15 hours plus please  🤣

Happy to test it when it is ready  🙃

P.S.  I have only ever ordered 1 Avantree product and it was direct from Avantree.  From when I ordered it the product release was delayed by several months.   To the companies credit a staff member called Lucy sent an email every month letting me know what was happening. I assumed that much of that was automatically generated but I replied on one occasion to clarify what was happening and Lucy gave a very honest and appropriate answer.  Would buy from them again  👍

Your experience is the same as my experience with Avantree, and they make some great headphones, i do not use over the ear headphones or earbuds, I do not like not being able to hear what is going on around me, or sweating to death so the Avantree Torus works fantastic for me, even the Lingo work great when used with a detector. 

• Like 3

I love the Avantree Torus and would purchase Avantree Bone Conduction phones if they were available with the same Torus bluetooth receiver.

• Like 4