First Nugget For 2024

Simon,

I've been meaning to ask what's the heaviest nugget you have ever found in New Zealand?

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Simon,

I've been meaning to ask what's the heaviest nugget you have ever found in New Zealand?

4.2 and 4.1 grams are my biggest two, a one gram + nugget is a very rare find for me, most are 0.0x of a gram, not sure this one’s weight I don’t have scales with me and I’m away in my caravan, it maybe .2 or slightly less.

• Like 3

Forget the 6000, get yourself a pet goat and take him with you. Chomp that grass down and you'll get a few more outta there. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

29 minutes ago, phrunt said:

4.2 and 4.1 grams are my biggest two, a one gram + nugget is a very rare find for me, most are 0.0x of a gram, not sure this one’s weight I don’t have scales with me and I’m away in my caravan, it maybe .2 or slightly less.

Well they weight more than a pennyweight so meet the nugget requirements.😜 but I am still waiting for the one ounce plus bit, so you can show JW. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

decided to go back over my patch that I tried the 10x5 on the other day with no success, hoping the 12x7 may find something but an entire afternoon of nothing, I guess the 15cc  and 8” got it all that I can find

How did the 7000 miss all those pellets and small brass, did you elect not to dig based on the double blip? The center photo appears to be a shallow seasonal drainage, is this the location you detected the pellets? If so you may want to hit that area again but a little deeper. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HardPack said:

How did the 7000 miss all those pellets and small brass, did you elect not to dig based on the double blip? The center photo appears to be a shallow seasonal drainage, is this the location you detected the pellets? If so you may want to hit that area again but a little deeper. 

The 7000 only had brief time in the deeper ground and I always ignore double blips as they are targets close to the coil the gold is virtually always deeper and in the bedrock or gravels not in the soil, these pellets and especially the metal chunks were from the deeper ground.  The patch is nearby but in shallower ground up to about a pinpointer deep and the gold was all down on the bedrock on that original patch, unfortunately it must be all gone as I’ve found none with the GPX on that patch which is why I first headed for the deeper ground above the patch on the hillside hoping for the best.

Next time I’ll use the 15” concentric on the GPZ for the deeper ground as I have more hope for it and it did well there the first time, it’s hard to get access as it’s a busy working farm.

• Like 5

I found the original videos of the patch find

• Like 6

I went back a couple of more times with the 8” after this  within the week then not again until the 10x5 a few days ago and the 12x7 today. 

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

One bit is better than none, so good onya for breaking the 2024 ice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1