Benefits Of Controversy

Nokta were very stubborn about the iron bias feature, From memory before it was even released I and many others here were trying to explain to them it's a feature we would want, if your videos somehow got that point across to them Iffy, well done.  I should find the old thread on it discussing it, probably interesting reading now.

• Like 1

Well, we can go further and we can explain how it is with the VDI rock for detectors...
Anyone who has been using detectors for a long time knows that many detectors use the classic VDI scale :  Note where the nail zone is...

Whites scale.jpeg

Rutus VERSA uses a similar VDI scale as Whites... with the fact that it has a shortened scale that goes up to -29  ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now let's move on to Legend and its VDI scale

https://www.iratemetaldetectors.com/product-page/nokta-makro-legend-target-id-bible

All VDI numbers from 1VDI to 11VDI are iron zone.... if you have tone break set in that VDI zone .. then you have it set so that the signal from the iron zone sounds like a non-iron signal... / so you are also working with "negative discrimination" /:wink:

Legend VDI.png

and XP Deus uses this VDI scale:

XP deus VDI scale.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*New test  VERSA from Iffy Signals  ..

• Like 1

A very encouraging video of the progress being made out of controversy.  Thanks @Iffy Signals & Rutus.  I think Rutus should be lining up a USA distributor & dealers. There is going to be demand for this performance level/price point.  Other manufacturers will be taking notice also.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In the last Video From IFFY, I see that he is also testing new software for VERSA

• Like 1

They are Bluetooth capable or can be wired, but when used with the Versa they connect with the detector’s proprietary internal transmitter. No lag, very good range & connection hold. Excellent audio & very comfortable.

On 3/7/2024 at 2:23 AM, EL NINO77 said:

In the last Video From IFFY, I see that he is also testing new software for VERSA

Two new videos are up with the released NC 3.7 update.

I think that the Test of the New Versa software 3:7 NC took place really well, where VERSA shows its real detection capabilities ..

• Like 2

@Iffy Signals did a good job of highlighting some of the features/control adjustments that make the Versa so capable/versatile.