Where Are All The In-field Reviews Of The E1500???

There are a few murmurs of discontent floating around regarding the E1500 in hot ground and I was hoping to see some actual field reviews of this detector, but apart from a couple short remarks and Simon's testing.....NOTHING. If I am to part with my $$ to buy one, I'd rather hear from an actual user here in Australia first.  

• Like 3

I don't know if you're a Facebooker but there is a bit of chat on them here, with some Aussies using them.

Modded Detectors and Detector Gadgets Australia | Facebook

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aureous said:

There are a few murmurs of discontent floating around regarding the E1500 in hot ground and I was hoping to see some actual field reviews of this detector, but apart from a couple short remarks and Simon's testing.....NOTHING. If I am to part with my $$ to buy one, I'd rather hear from an actual user here in Australia first.  

Same here Aureous. 

I'm heading to WA in 2 months for at least 3 months, and was thinking of one as a lightweight patch hunter ( as I did with the QEDud ), but unwilling to part with the dollars if it cannot tame the fierce and ever changing WA ground !

Rick

• Like 1

Just now, wltdwiz said:

i would love to see more videos with Simon hunting

Trouble is, Simon's ground is largely deathly quiet.
What we really need is some evidence of its ability to handle nasty changeable ground. If it can't do that, there is not a lot of point buying one for many places in OZ.

I would love a lightweight patch hunter, but it needs to be able to handle bad ground, and not have to be re ground balanced every minute.

Rick

• Like 6

Hi. Yeah I know what you mean. I think though, myself anyway, it was scant with most others too. I recall months of seeing coils waved backwards and forwards over buried targets on test patches and air tests no end. Probably for my eyes since the 4500 when youtubies and "give me likes" up until now. So my attitude isn't called into question let me add that I appreciate things iv seen here so far.  And, iv ordered one and said bye bye to some yellow today. Hey, that could be that I sold some banana's. Or corn. 😁

I did hear from a good mate that a couple of guys he is mates with got the Algo and reckon its ok. They don't give much away settings and stuff wise but I'll trust em as I know who they are. Its aint no WOW machine but I reckon it'll do me these days.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, araratgold said:

Trouble is, Simon's ground is largely deathly quiet.

As deathly quiet as it is Simon hasn't inundated us with gold finds. So while this detector has all these cool functions the gold isn't flooding in like it has been with the GPX 6000 & the amounts of small gold it has been rewarding people with. Despite the E1500 being about a third of the price, at the end of the day it is the gold count that matters to a lot of people. It is actually a sad state of affairs that we are now gloating over detectors that find the smallest most tiniest bits of gold. 

D4G

• Like 2

5 hours ago, araratgold said:

I would love a lightweight patch hunter, but it needs to be able to handle bad ground, and not have to be re ground balanced every minute.

This, definitely.

You also brought up another point about the variable ground. It's one thing to have hot ground but when that ground is highly variable and hot combined, its a nightmare working with a slow detector or one that has trouble balancing. 

When ground coverage is the name of the game while exploring, that can make or break a detector no matter the price. 

• Like 3