The Dalas™ Has Landed. Detecting Comfort Has Just Been Increased 100 Fold.

1 hour ago, Swegin said:

The paddle idea has been around for awhile for those who knew.  Nice looking rig.  I do like the Bruce Willis vibe you have.  LOL.

My kids are always telling me I look like Bruce Willis.  Poor Bruce, fortunately my faculties are still intact, and my wife is way hotter than Demi Moore.

Doc

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Valens message me your address.

Your gifts are a rechargeable headlamp, The New Nugget Stalker® Nugget Stash. And Doc's Nugget Stalker® genuine cowhide nugget pouch.  No the quarter is not included it's there as a size reference.

Thank you so much and I have sent you a message.

14 hours ago, Doc said:

OK, please realize these are prototypes.  However, I can tell you aside from the attachment ring in the Upper Strut of the DALAS being too large, this thing is amazing.

I wanted to do a video but it is so windy today it would have not been ideal.

So let's look at the Detector Air Lift Assist Stick and the OPTIONAL Detector Air Lift Assist Strap.
2024-03-2810_35_42.thumb.jpg.e061490c77752f345c141242b1f4fd1b.jpg

There are four parts aside from the QWIPPLE BUNGEE on the stick.  #1 The Paddle, #2 the lower Strut, #3 The upper Strut, #4 The DALASystem Slide Clip.

#1 The paddle slips into the waistband in the middle of your back.  This has a female thread for you to screw in the lower strut to adjust to your "WIDTH"  It is very generous, and if you don't need that much excess simply saw off the excess with a hacksaw.  The entire DALAStick is made of Nylon with infused fiber glass for amazing strength.  WARNING! - DO NOT try to secure this adjustment with a screw. it needs to be able to move freely front to back.

#2 The lower strut screws into the paddle as explained above to give your the width adjustment.  I recommend you keep the rod as close to your ribs as comfortable.  This way your arm does not bump into it.

#3  The upper strut has a female thread that attaches to the male thread on the lower strut to give you a generous height adjustment.  This strut has two guide holes so when you find that perfect adjustment you use the provided drill bit, drill a hole approx. 1/4 inch deep through the upper strut into the threaded portion of the lower strut to lock your adjustment in.  WARNING!!!  Do not drill holes or secure the upper rod in place until you have put the weight of a detector on the upper strut.  You need the weight of the detector to show you what the proper height adjustment should be.   If you are very short, you may want to saw off some of the upper threaded part of the lower strut.   However you can only cut off approximately 1 1/2 inches.  The male thread you see  showing in the picture is the maximum you can cut off.

I recommend you mark all adjustments with a Sharpie so you always know where your width adjustment should be on the paddle.

#4. The DALAStick Slide Clip.

THIS IS  A PICTURE OF THE DALAStick and optional DALAStrap (That ring where the QWIPPLE attaches will be approx. 2 inches in the production units.)

You do not have to use the strap, it is available as an optional accessory.  The DALAStick will work with your harness rig.  I do advise that you may want to mount a ring lower down on your shoulder strap.  I'll explain why in a minute.

2024-03-2811_01_34.thumb.jpg.93f5925e9bcfa24ac2cd3a089fbef3d0.jpg

THE FRONT OF THE UPPER STRUT has two guide holes for you to drill and screw in the provided screws to lock in your height adjustment.

2024-03-2811_03_02.thumb.jpg.b171519e5720b3317fc156437b6c99fe.jpg

The lower rod screws into the comfort paddle and can be adjusted for maximum comfort.
2024-03-2811_02_03.thumb.jpg.522e75f74fa83215cfd9339845f6ad58.jpg

As I have mentioned before, in order for the weight of your detector to be properly redirected, the movement of the DALAStick can not be impeded in any way.  Anything that interferes with the ability of the DALAStick to move freely up and down transfers the weight to whatever is interfering with that movement.  That is why it is important that your "D" ring attachment point or "O" ring attachment point is low, so as not to impede the movement of the DALAStick to slide inside the SLIDE CLIP.  If the "D" ring is too high the DALAStick SLIDE CLIP will stop at the "D" ring and the weight will be transferred to your shoulder.
2024-03-2811_02_28.thumb.jpg.bd01cf2249854e98fe8a6aca7cec7726.jpg

I have been wearing this around the house for three hours.  It's like it's not even there.  When you bend over it moves with you because it rotates inside the paddle.
2024-03-2811_03_57.thumb.jpg.c81b17730688545c6a9f9695ac24b4a7.jpg

Already I can see that the "O" ring and the sleeve on the DALAStrap needs to be lowered and adjusted because it is too high.

So it's a process.

I went outside and hooked up my GPZ7000.  LOL it now weighs nothing.  Literally nothing.  All that happens is the weight of the detector is transferred to the paddle which pushes your waistband out and away from you.  I can tell you, that once you use this, you will not be without it.  If you're someone who suffers with arm and neck and back problems; your legs will wear out before your swinging arm.

Congratulations to Valens Legacy for using the word STICK in one of his posts.

Valens message me your address.

Your gifts are a rechargeable headlamp, The New Nugget Stalker® Nugget Stash. And Doc's Nugget Stalker® genuine cowhide nugget pouch.  No the quarter is not included it's there as a size reference.
2024-03-2812_06_33.thumb.jpg.a12f0a8892f4390913fc37c3c258200e.jpg

Carry on fellow Treasure Hunters.

Doc

This is looking interesting Doc, the more weight I can take off my back the more I like something and this looks like it would take some more weight off, Looking forward to giving it a try

• 4 weeks later...