New Pulse Induction Detectors From Nokta

19 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

If Nokta is seriously talking about a PI detector then it’s got to be some testers that could be right here on this forum that we may be rubbing elbows with.

I think Nokta would be better off to name the two detectors themselves and get them out to the customer sooner than soon.

Chuck 

I really don’t know about who may be testing the relic detector here in the US but I’d say it’s someone on the east coast . 
 Now when it comes to that gold detector I do believe we have that person right here among us. So look around to see if you see someone smiling like a Chester Cat 🐱. They’ll be busting at the gut wanting to say something but have a gag order so they can’t.

We’ve known him in the past to be one and just maybe he’s one again .

Chuck 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Said like a true detector addict in denial, Simon.  And being one myself, I don’t believe a word of it.  :laugh:

You know me too well, perhaps I should have worded it I will resist with all of my might not to buy one.  I'd like to support Nokta for putting the effort in to bringing it to market though, and for keeping with the tradition of their better pricing model. 

With my wide array of detectors, I only reach for a small handful though and even then, sometimes I use ones out of that handful with the hope of keeping their batteries alive.  I might cull them all off one day, that would be a milestone event.

I could drop back to 3 detectors and be fine.

These new pulse detectors are probably going to be in a legend housing with a battery under the arm cuff and I'm guessing that they'll both be waterproof.  I'm guessing the main difference will be the software.

I think the brain will be under the arm cuff too, this seems vital to fitting the capacitors and other gadgets required to make a deep seeking PI

I got a name, how about Oro Vista TD <OR> Oro Vista PI ???

Go ahead and hijack this if you want, just remember where you got, OK?

TC-AZ 

Here we go again.  Sigh.  I'm just burnt out on this empty speculation about yet another upcoming detector.  Nokta's naming contest is nonsense.  Who gives a crap?  I'm not criticizing anyone but gad, this same reaction occurs every time a new detector is mentioned. What is it?  What isn't it?  What will it have? What won't it have?  What should it have?  It reminds me of off season football.  No one is playing but every day the airwaves are filled with talking heads speculating on what if's that never happen.

If we didn't all play this game then the companies would knock off the early intro campaigns.  But we can't, hence this rumor-filled, speculative purgatory we have once again created.  

Lesson to all of us: just go out and hunt.  And try this on for size: post some finds.

Walt Kelly said it best.

Bill

pdf_82191960-94b4-012d-e646-0050569439b1.jpg

On 4/21/2024 at 6:41 AM, phrunt said:

I could drop back to 3 detectors and be fine.

Said every hoarder, ever 😉   Saying that, if I could afford 10 detectors, I'd have em too...

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Here we go again.  Sigh.  I'm just burnt out on this empty speculation about yet another upcoming detector.  Nokta's naming contest is nonsense.  Who gives a crap?

Everyone enjoys a new toy.... especially if it performs well and is cheaper than the overpriced alternatives. I agree, the hype and excitable banter is ho-hum. In the hands experience with the toy is all that matters. Hopefully, its not a long wait.

Will be interesting to see if Nokta brings something new to the table or it will be similiar to AlgoForce.  What will be equally interesting is to see how Minelab will react to all this new competition (Nokta & AlgoForce) in the PI market they currently dominate - hopefully with better product at a reasonable price rather than litigation. Time will tell.