Equinox Launch Video

auminesweeper

19 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Why consider anything else if you are happy with what you have? I promise that everything I have been saying for years about detectors and depth barriers has not been broken yet.

I agree completely.....

But I will be watching this one with interest. Actually can't wait till you get one and give us a good honest review which I know I can count on.

I think the game changer here is the price.  When I first saw it and read the specs and saw a video or two I figured the price was going to be at least $1500.  This machine is in the same ball park as the Atmax and MXsport. I was ready to sell my Atpro to get a Max.  But that just changed. If the EQ gives me solid ID's at depth then the etrac will be gone too.  Were we not wanting the new Atmax and MXsport to have selectable frequencies?  I was and it didn't happen.  Now we have a company that did it for a reasonable price....  It's got to be a winner!

I love the speed it has, I have waited years for ML to bring back machines like this, In fact it was the loss of the Musketeer Advantage that was one of two reasons why I changed brands,  I like all the frequencies it has, they have really listened to what people have said to them and other companies and it is waterproof as well, The weight is going to work for many people too, Weight has never bothered me with detectors for me it is more about how the machine balances, another really great thing is how uncluttered the screen is and the touch pads have the same symbols that we are use to seeing on ML machines. All up I think those who buy it are going to be very happy.

J. 

On 9/17/2017 at 12:56 AM, auminesweeper said:

The weight is going to work for many people too, Weight has never bothered me with detectors for me it is more about how the machine balances....

I want both, but I'm greedy sometimes.  Have they actually said what the weight will be or is that TBD since they haven't finalized the production model?  I admit it sure looks lightweight.

Some people think 4 lbs is light, particularly those used to swinging 6+ lb PI's.

My limited experience has indicated that true balance is only really available for one weight coil.  On the Fisher F75 for example, if you could move the battery compartment up/down the shaft then you could potentially balance it for multiple coil weights (as long as they don't get too heavy).  But unfortunately all you can do is adjust the length of the lower shaft and adust the position of the arm cup.  Those are ok, but not enough, IMO.  And Steve has emphasized multiple times that the F75 is as good or better balanced than any detector he's ever swung.  So if that's the best currently available, then there is still a lot of headroom for improvement.  Still, I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, your other point about December availability -- that's smart of Minelab.  Yeh, the sooner the better, but with a detector that is affordable to the masses (aka 'weekenders'), Christmasttime figures to be a big (as in profitable) target.