Rye Patch - The Struggle

I had 4-days for a hunt at Rye Patch which really ends up being a good 3 days behind the coil.  My goal for this many days is always 1/4 ounce in the poke!  First morning I, added 4 nuggets to the poke, but nothing all afternoon!  What's up with that, not much weight but well over a pennyweight.  A good nights sleep and off I went the next morning, which fell into late afternoon with only 4 more nuggets, but one was over 2 dwts alone.  After soaking them in CLR, I tossed them on the scale 4.2 dwts!  My goal was in site, as I plotted my battle plan for the next morning before I fell asleep.  The next morning, I put my thoughts into action.  I figured I only needed 1 dink nugget 2 at the most.  Well I ended up with 3 and was happy that my scale didn't let me down, settling down at 6.57 dwts.  No easy duck nuggets on this trip, all well earned with intense concentration and extra slow coil swing.  The GPZ, is and amazing machine, but you still have to get that coil over that nugget...and there's the struggle!  I hope my next trip is a no-brainer and the nuggets just jump on my coil.  Set a goal for yourself and work hard to achieve it...Until the next hunt!

LuckyLundy

IMG_0260.JPG

Fred,

Two members of the crew was on the hunt with me!  But, we hunted different locations the last day and couldn't end up with a everyone's tailgate poke photo Op.  Diffently, over 1/2 ounce with the 3 pokes!

Rick

10 hours ago, dgatleyDP said:

Nice finds!  You and Lunk are human vacuum cleaners at Rye Patch - kudos.

Lunk, is Awesome!

Brian, the ground is perfect...but, had to work hard for this poke!  I like easy diggin's, lol

Rick