Equinox Finds U.K. Gold

Found in the Fields – EQUINOX Gold!

December 21, 2017 10:47am by Gordon Heritage

"The EQUINOX has proved to be a very lucky metal detector for me during testing. From the countless hours of field trials for Minelab, amongst the many Roman and Medieval coins and artefacts, I've been fortunate enough to find three pieces of small gold... so far!"

Story and photos at https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/found-in-the-fields-equinox-gold

3 hours ago, Cabo Chris said:

Great news!  I sure hope the Equinox likes Gold jewelry in the sea!!!

You can bet I'll be using relic mode for fresh water.  Have many local swimming holes that are cleaned out of older finds to try it in.  Will see if it can sort out some more gold among the iron. 

Will be interesting to see how it does on gold chains in Multi.  If it is equal to the 19 kHz machines on small chains that would be great.

Tom

Every report on this detector makes it look better and better. A gold coin less than 1 cm in diameter at 10" is amazing. Tiny gold nuggets in mineralised soil at 5"? Not a gold nugget hunter but from what I gather this is impressive for a flake of gold. And detected with Park mode, no less. Thought mutifrequency wasn't sensitive enough for detecting such small nuggets, hence the 20 khz and 40 khz single frequency in prospecing mode. Silver coins regularly found in a park that has not given any up for years - wow! I am trying not to have too high expectations of this detector but it is getting harder and harder not to expect great things. Can hardly wait to get my hands on one! C'mon late January/early February!!