Testing Large Silver And Gold Rings

Toddbbq

I tried some air testing with the EQ600 this morning on some of my silver and gold rings. Something very interesting happened on a large silver ring as I was testing different orientations. First laying flat solid high TID then on its end when sweeping it horizontally TID was a bit lower but when sweeping vertically NO TID???  Did same test with gold ring 14k 8g flat good TID of 18. Then on end horizontally a TID of 12 and finally vertically a TID of 8-9 with a very low tone in the middle of the coil. I may have missed a few diggable targets because i was thinking pop tab when I heard that type of signal but wont make that assumption again. HMMMM

I have heard this as well and while i would love perfection in a machine I'm going to have to dig everything to find it all. I air tested a ring my wife had and it hit 3-4, way lower than I would have expected a gold ring to hit. The only signal I've found that I don't like is 19-21, it's been zinc or junk every time. 

Best of luck and I hope you get gold in your scoop. 

I tested my Gold and Silver rings earlier today and found that most Gold came in around the same tone and so did the Silver . Whats more awkward is that the Silver wasn't mostly very high tone like the ET or Explorer would give. I must carry on trying to sus settings that give me the info i look for .

I am digging all until I see the pattern and the 3 of the four rings were 11 constantly . The other one we got yesterday was 15 to 18  " in amongs rocks ( hubby didn't like that  ??)  it was in the 20's but it is as crusty as and looks like it was a friendship ring and is made of another metal ( guess brass) and it still has gold plating on lots of it and especially on the indented pattern areas

image.jpeg

After cleaning up

image.jpeg