Took The Eq800 Out In Search Of Silver And Silver It Found!

I cured (got a temporary fix) my PGD last night!  

Really nice video.  I don't have any silver yet.

Mitchel

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 6:38 PM, strick said:

The beauty of the new technology is we get to go back over all of our old petered out sites...So was it the "new technology" or stuff that was simply missed...what you say?  stuff looks kinda deep to me?

strick 

This particular spot isn't that big.  Back in the 40's -80's one could rent a paddle boat and paddle around the little lake here, and people would picnic on the hillside.  It's small, maybe a quarter the size of a football field at the most.  The spot I started getting the silver out of, was about the only place I could hunt because the grass has turned into a jungle there, but I know for a fact that I've been over that same spot with my F75, and other detectors I've owned since, and buddies that I took with my went over it with their Etrac (don't think the CTX was out yet).  So, sure it's possible it was missed, but I believe I have detected this exact little patch of ground multiple times in the past, so I believe it was the detector.

On 3/18/2018 at 7:19 PM, dsrtdwg1 said:

Nice finds on a hunted site. Your vids are good, perhaps sometime in the future you can do a side by side in the wild comp of the 800 vs. the Kruzer. Asking alot I know, but it would be interesting. Thanks for posting.

That's my goal, but it will likely be at a relic site.

23 hours ago, Skate said:

Freaking awesome! The problem you're now going to encounter is PSD,  Post silver depression. It's what happens after you get your first silver with an Equinox. It's a condition that is beginning to ravage the detecting industry. PSD starts out innocently only to hook you as you begin to expect silver with every swing. Seems like it's claimed another victim. 

Some folks go all year to find all the silver and gold you found in a week. 

PSD....that's hilarious... I was already having PGD after lucking out on that gold ring on my first hunt, but since then no more, although I was at one spot with tons of nickel ranged signals, but darned if the ones I dug weren't all pull tabs  :rolleyes:

I have to say that it's a very fun detector to use, as is the Kruzer, so I believe between the two detectors, I have any site that I'd ever encounter well covered :biggrin:

Thanks everyone for watching, and HH!
Cal

• Like 1