Recent Finds Using SDC, 3500, X-Terra

Here are some recent finds from the last couple of Saturday outings.

post-702-0-54519600-1434513275_thumb.jpg

SDC nuggets.

post-702-0-64558600-1434513336_thumb.jpg

My buddy's nuggets using his 3500.

post-702-0-82430200-1434513486_thumb.jpg

These are this afternoon's X-Terra finds from a mining town that was established in the late 1800s. I believe that these are parts from a clock. All found within a small area. There is more of it I'm sure but I ran out of day light. Was really hoping for an old coin (aren't we all)but it didn't happen today. TONS of junk! I'm slowly learning what the X-Terra is telling me. I see why a small 6" coil would come in handy. Every swing hit multiple targets. I found two sides of an ornate wood stove that are awesome but couldn't carry them back to the truck in the dark. So I stashed them for next time. The clock gears appear to be brass(?). Starting to have some fun with the X-terra. Good luck.

Dean

• Like 3

Thanks Guys.

Fred- This place was littered with old timer junk.... nails, tiny pieces of rusted iron,etc. Those darn small rusted nails and small pieces of rusted iron give a good high tone especially if they are a bit deeper. I'm learning but still got fooled quite a bit just going for the high tones. Definitely going back. Small amount of previous detectors at the site. I could tell because they didn't fill their holes:(.

Dean