Minelab Equinox Display And Control Functions

The Mulit-Notch Dis. looks a lot like the White's MX Sport but it has numbers too.  Will it be like the MX in that you can go there and block out anything you don't want to detect??

Chuck

Steve

The more you got to say the more I like it. 

When I got in detecting I didn't care what made it tick but as long as it did. With you that's not good enough.

All I can say Steve is Thank You.

Chuck

• Like 1

This may have been discussed on one of the other forum posts, so I apologize for missing it if so... but has there been any indication that the display screen is detachable from the rod similar to the Deus? Or is it hard mounted?  I suppose any "box" is detachable, as shown in some of the awesome detector mods that have been posted by Steve and others, but just curious.  Maybe that is one of the updates from the prototype that they are finalizing.?

minelab-equinox-metal-detector-large-studio-multifrequency-waterproof.jpg

The control box connects to the coil via a cable, so it is not like the Deus where you can remove the control box and stick it in your pocket. The battery apparently is in the handle (the part you grip with your hand) so the pod/handle are a single unit. It has been mentioned you can mount the coil and pod/handle on a different rod, but you would still end up with a traditional rod mounted detector.

minelab-equinox-battery-in-handle.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for clarifying Steve.  That makes sense.  Tim. 

• 4 weeks later...

You just have not found them yet. That is why the Equinox includes a special “Find Dutch Windmill” Mode in addition to the “Find Christmas Tree” Mode and “Find Palm Tree” Mode. In order to get maximum range when looking for these targets be sure to select the “LRL” frequency option. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1