Careful With Your Hot Rocks

Well I probably shouldn't admit it but I was the guy throwing those pesky red rocks down the mine shaft, at least a couple of dozen before I noticed gold protruding out of one before I pitched it. Now did I feel pretty silly and disapionted at the same time. Well never again, Rick, will I throw away a red hotrock.

Hydroflouric acid fumes can and will kill you. Simply put, it is best not to use it.

Steve Houston

I was out prospecting on a hillside in california and my zed hit a pretty solid signal. After recovering the target I was disappointed to see just some little brown hard clumps, I threw a couple in my pocket and moved on.

Thanks I hope, saw this thread and now I'm off to get some pool acid and I'll see if anything promising shows up?post-618-0-72963500-1434667366_thumb.jpg

My hot rocks not gold, but I don't know what it is. I double checked and it is slightly magnetic with a strong magnet it was also unaffected by sulfuric or hydrochloric acid. its light in weight like volcanic  stone, i thought it was a compacted earth or some kind of ironstone? the way the zed is hitting space rocks I guess that could be a possibility. i just don't know very much about meteorites, but this was in an area that could have debris from the strike that happened a couple of years ago.

Too bad they weren't gold,but maybe something almost as good,i would like to find apiece of space.

maybe one of the guys can identify your find.

• 2 weeks later...