Sign in to follow this  
microsniper

Equinox 6" Coil Connector Repair?

Rather than cutting and splicing on a new connector end of the cable to a cable, it may be better to add on a new connecter.  These have screw terminals for the wires.  You may want to tin the wires or use ferrules so the wires hold well in the screw terminal.  Fill the shell with grease or epoxy to ensure waterproof operation. Think I have some in the shop.  Could sell you one for $15 shipped.

DSCN2589.JPG

UPDATE:    Minelab just replied to my coil repair inquiry.   "Unfortunately there is no repair for your damaged coil. They (the repair techs) are unable to perform a  repair or replacement of the coil plug connector."   

Sooo...    your on your own if you damage the connector, which in my opinion is too easy to do.   I was actually worried about doing just that when i first bought the EQ. 

Ill update as soon as I get around to performing the fix with the new connector. 

If anyone has more tips/tricks or product recommendations to use for this fix please post them. 

In the mean time here is the last batch of EQ600 nugglets (before the accident) that were found by my competition.....I mean girlfriend,  and I :biggrin:

fullsizeoutput_24a.jpeg

• Like 4

Doing good on the Gold!
 If they can’t repair a connector , how do they Fix anything else?
just to keep from a similar problem, how did that happen?
did you slam a door on it, I did that once or twice back when I was young and in Too big of a hurry!

fred 

Thanks Fred, funny enough I just bought  a nice padded case for the back of the truck to carry the detector(S) in..to protect them!  I think it was just the bouncing around on the back roads that did it....

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By midalake
      MY UNIT IS FRIED!  Evidently the Equinox can not even be rinsed off in the shower after use. What a piece of JUNK.  Two months to go in Mexico and I have a boat anchor. 😡   Minelab engineers should all be fired.
      Dave    
    • By kac
      I recently broke my stock dd and replaced it with the 9x12 concentric. For the life of me I could not ground balance the machine in snow, just an inch or 2 it would false out like crazy. I did repair my dd but it is slightly out.
      Sent the 2 coils to Garrett along with the AT Pro and they repaired the machine, put in new firmware and confirmed the dd was out of wack. Went to use the machine over the weekend and still can't gb it with the concentric.
      Does anyone have a 9x12 concentric on an AT Pro and can confirm the issue? Not sure if it is the snow or the machine is marginal and sensitive to the cold or not.
      Thanks
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,172940
    • By vanursepaul
      Anyone have any idea why my coil is overloading???
      I checked up and down the cable to see if it was shorted to no avail....
      It works fine with another coild.
      Trying to upload or link a video.... Standby----
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/W1Nwk2kCRQixPE5H9

BTW
      Hey all you crazy Aussies--  Im still kicking---hope all is well with you all there...
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      Saw this posted elsewhere by EQX 600 owner.
      https://www.findmall.com/threads/equinox-600-leak.347035/
    • By pikens
      I was reading about coils. They said a round DD coil has a lot of advantages over football shape coils. It has been a long time ago. Can't remember why ? Any one can help with this?😕