I clip it on the cover and use my headphones without wireless module. I found that the Prosonic adds to the EMI of the SDC, hence I use the headphones directly plugged in. It only adds a bit to the weight, but for the SDC the SP01 is a real blessing. I don't use it for the GPZ, also because I don't want to have another metallic object attached on my body close to the detector. In high yield/normal/gain >10 the machine is whining whenever anything metallic comes remotely close. No problem for the SDC though. Note the knuckle guard. That's the single most important investment to make for the SDC.

SDC-SP01.JPG

• Like 1

Kuckle GUard.JPG

Well, I was perusing the Steelphase website as I wanted to look at his headphones and discovered this!

Steelphase.jpg.a0672c784988fb9a040d2fcef4e4230a.jpg

https://www.steelphase.net/

🙂 very cool!

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Well I only got the use a Steelphase for about 2 trips on my GPZ 7000.  I can't keep them in stock here in the US for the most part.  They sell very well and seem to be the best signal enhancer out there at least for the Minelab GPX, SDC 2300 & GPZ 7000.  As Pat mentioned, you can use it on other manufactures as well.  

If anyone is looking, I have a few left from the last batch, but they will go quickly.  

https://www.robsdetectors.com/steelphase-audio-enhancer-nenad/

Rob

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, Rob Allison said:

If anyone is looking, I have a few left from the last batch, but they will go quickly.  

https://www.robsdetectors.com/steelphase-audio-enhancer-nenad/

They sure will, even Steelphase is completely out of stock, he suffered a bit of an injury not too long ago and then moved interstate which would slow him down a bit making them I guess, but I look forward to seeing what this new version is, hopefully it's the version that works on the QED that he talked about some time ago, the QED is quite fussy with audio and the original SP01 doesn't work well on it but no fault of the SP01 as it works on everything else, just a compatibility problem between the way the QED does it's audio.  He did hint he was making a cut back version for QED capability, and judging by the blurry photo it looks like the new version could be exactly that, so the original SP01 would still be the premium choice for Minelab users.

I will not detect with my 7000 without it, it's made that much of a difference.
(okay, I might detect without it but you know what I mean - it's really good)

• Like 2

Here is what I would like to see. An SPO1 that also has a built-in speaker and the wireless capabilities to just hook up to the 7000 and ProSonic. I would like to use my SP01 more often but I just don’t like having the WM 12 with a cord to an SP01 with a cord to a speaker.  In my opinion it just gets to be too much.  Same when i would use it with my pro sonic hook up to the SDC.  I’m not an electrician by any means but would it really be that hard to add those two things? Even if it was a little bigger it would be better than having all the corded mess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Here is what I would like to see. An SPO1 that also has a built-in speaker and the wireless capabilities to just hook up to the 7000 and ProSonic. I would like to use my SP01 more often but I just don’t like having the WM 12 with a cord to an SP01 with a cord to a speaker.  In my opinion it just gets to be too much.  Same when i would use it with my pro sonic hook up to the SDC.  I’m not an electrician by any means but would it really be that hard to add those two things? Even if it was a little bigger it would be better than having all the corded mess.

Yeah he can add Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with a speaker and now the SP01 will cost $399.00 and be a bit larger too ...... I got mine from Rob's for $199.00 and is very small and light.

Works like a dream and I don't wear headphones anymore.

IMG_20200523_123341.jpg

25 minutes ago, MannyScoot said:

Yeah he can add Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with a speaker and now the SP01 will cost $399.00 and be a bit larger too ...... I got mine from Rob's for $199.00 and is very small and light.

Works like a dream and I don't wear headphones anymore.

IMG_20200523_123341.jpg

Well it’s 200 for a WM12 and 200 for an SP01 so i guess that price is a wash. 🤣🤣