17.69 Gram AQ Gold 1942 Class Ring

On 8/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, cuniagau said:

Congrats!  If only that ring could talk...1942...Military...Hope you find some info.

Thanks Cuniagau! SO right..I am hoping he made it thru the War years..No info on the inside so a hopeless case. 

On 8/21/2020 at 3:47 PM, The Seeker said:

That’s not a fatty but an obese ring, just look at that weight. Congrats on another amazing gold OBN.

Thanks Seeker! Good Luck to you my friend. 

On 8/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, Compass said:

Congrats on that massive gold ring Joe! Make sure you bend your knees when lifting that thing! :laugh:

Thanks Compass! I am paying for it today...just can't get enough.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:06 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Great ring... you are amazing with the finds Joe! 👍🏻

Given the design goal of the machine, with a distinct focus on the gold ring range, it’s possible that a nickel is an almost perfect target for the AQ. A nickel does sit pretty near the middle of the desirable gold ring range. I say “almost perfect” because lacking a hole in the middle takes it down from the pinnacle of perfection as a target. However, I’d surmise the pulses per second (pps) and everything else are optimized for something far closer to a nickel than a silver quarter (for example). I have not tested it, but it may hit a nickel just as deep or even deeper than a quarter. This machine is not optimized at all for silver. And I’m good with that. :smile:

Thank You...

I bet your right Steve...Not only nickels but seems the AQ is nailing a lots of brass and other targets that fall into the gold range. Good for US!

On 8/21/2020 at 9:30 PM, Dances With Doves said:

Well done on  that great honker.You go big and  I go low.  I just came back  from hunting   near clay with a lot of iron and snuck out a small 1.1 gram white gold ring with tiny diamond which gave me a 3 tid on the  Nox in  PK.1. At least it was 14K.I am on a small gold streak.

Thank You! Any gold is a welcome sight, it's like a shot of adrenaline. 

On 8/22/2020 at 10:18 AM, Skullgolddiver said:

I hope Joe!....Lot of murky water for now...Time to wait for better conditions...

They are coming! 

23 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Another awesome score Joe! Congratulations!

Thanks Beach hunter! It was a surprise. 

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Most everything has been said.  WTG Joe!

You just keep adding them up.  You know the greats didn't get them all but I don't think you are going to leave many scraps now.  Success begets success and now you have a tool that will get those heavy sinkers.

Mitchel

Thanks Mitchel! Very crazy I have got maybe 100 gold rings from this spot since I found it in 2015, and it just keeps on giving. Not like it did the first year which got over 50...........but it still gives up the random gold. 

• Like 2

Hi  OBN, What       is your gold to nickel ratio in the bay ?If I get about 7 nickels   I  usually get a piece of gold. The other day when I got the little white gold ring I got no nickels.I went yesterday for a short hunt and found 3 nickels but no gold . This ratio is in the big lake at a 1  mile beach that I usually hunt at.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi  OBN, What       is your gold to nickel ratio in the bay ?If I get about 7 nickels   I  usually get a piece of gold. The other day when I got the little white gold ring I got no nickels.I went yesterday for a short hunt and found 3 nickels but no gold . This ratio is in the big lake at a 1  mile beach that I usually hunt at.

It depends on where I hunt. Of the 8o or so beach's each has a pattern of targets that can be special to that area..... From religious medallions, half dollars, tokens, size of the fishing weights, Big gold rings, dated rings, dated coins...bullets, nickels...and the list goes on...When someone tells me they hunted in the bay ..........I can almost guess the area they are hunting by all of there target digs. And that goes for the conditions of the targets they found, I know the lower part where I hunt coins can be really damaged as to the northern area .......the coins come out fairly clean.......... And same goes for beach's up the rivers that feed the bay...Pattern, pattern, pattern..SO my nickel to gold ring count can go either way.

Beautiful find!! I guess that feeling you get when you see that gold in the screen never gets old 😄

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2020 at 8:41 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

Beautiful find!! I guess that feeling you get when you see that gold in the screen never gets old 😄

Thank You..! .And your right, never gets old. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Joe,

Thanks for the video!👍

I have a few questions unrelated to finds! I don't see a flag or warning device! Do you "worry" about a boat or jet ski, running you down?? It's an issue here, with unskilled, young, or intoxicated operators!!

And i may have mentioned this one before, but any shark/dolphin/rays/other scares??  We have Manatees, and other things! But you never know what may creep, step on, run into, or charge up!!😬😬  👍👍

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Joe,

Thanks for the video!👍

I have a few questions unrelated to finds! I don't see a flag or warning device! Do you "worry" about a boat or jet ski, running you down?? It's an issue here, with unskilled, young, or intoxicated operators!!

And i may have mentioned this one before, but any shark/dolphin/rays/other scares??  We have Manatees, and other things! But you never know what may creep, step on, run into, or charge up!!😬😬  👍👍

Welcome....

Not to bad, I still encounter a few who think it's funny but most are considerate once they see me Flagging with my scoop and sifter. On the water I can hear them coming a mile away too...SO I am very on what is going on around me..that I can hear anyway's.

I see and .....sometimes feel a few strange things but its rare. The good...... the water is so murky whatever it is I would not see it until it's right there taking a bite out of my arm...👀

• Like 1