Hi everybody, I wanted to thank you all for welcoming us to this forum last year. Thanks for the info, the advice and the support. It helped me create an amazing bond with my son. I am grateful to you all. Here’s a little video of some of our favorite moments of the crazy year. Best to you all!

• Like 7

Nice finds.

I actually found a similar art deco bottle over the weekend, know anything about the maker?

The pocket watch is really cool, so rare to find one in tact.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:57 PM, kac said:

Nice finds.

I actually found a similar art deco bottle over the weekend, know anything about the maker?

The pocket watch is really cool, so rare to find one in tact.

I haven’t been able to get any information on the bottle. It looks super 1920s or 30s. I love it. It’s one of my favorite bottles we found. The deterioration on the metal cap looks like it’s about 100 years old so I think that’s probably an accurate age assessment. As far as the Makery goes, no idea. Haven’t been able to find anyone who recognizes it.

I haven’t been able to get any information on the bottle. It looks super 1920s or 30s. I love it. It’s one of my favorite bottles we found. The deterioration on the metal cap looks like it’s about 100 years old so I think that’s probably an accurate age assessment. As far as the Makery goes, no idea. Haven’t been able to find anyone who recognizes it. Yes the pocket watch is super amazing. We think we might have stumbled upon a cabin that burned down because a lot of those personal artifacts were found in a space with a lot of ash in the soil and burned spots

• Like 1

That sounds about right for the age, I have found an old Lysol bottle as well in the same period.

Not sure if you guys notice but when hunting woods where there are hills, concentrate your efforts at the bottom flatter areas of slopes as this is where things like coins tend to settle. Large trees the hill side of them where you may notice rocks gather as land erodes is also worth investigating.

If you have no old reference maps check the size of trees. Trees with similar diameter trunks may be where land was once cleared.

Good job on the videos. Thanks for keeping it real.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By F350Platinum
      Whooo, what a week. Back home from the beach, I didn't post my last hunt but I found .99 in change. 51 coins total, 3 rings, military button and some small stuff. No silvers. 😵 Got a 50 Centavos piece and 1 South African Rand, so I scored over $5. Oh, and an Anvil...
      My wife got food poisoning (she is ok now), my RV water heater element blew, and the outside faucet decided to crack and blow the knob out. Filled the underbelly with water. That lovely trifecta made us decide to head back a day early.
      I love beach hunting! It must be my luck but GB never went higher than 10, I only got EMI near a water tower with cell service on it. Clean, clean beach. You got what the Equinox said you did for the most part. Got many more beaches in my future!
      Today I hit the farm, decided to grid a farm house where scouting didn't turn up much. All I found in 4 hours was one 1994 dime and one button. I got a 36 on the Equinox, thought "yay!" And dug a huge crudely cast lead ingot. 😀 It's about 3" wide and is heavy. Yep, back on the farm.
      I guess we all have these days, you should see all the bottle caps and aluminum I dug to get this. Yikes!
      When I got home I had this waiting for me:
      It's a 1954 silver quarter cut to the Equinox coil shape. It came with a bead chain, I replaced it with a snake chain. Thus far I have only found two silver coins! Maybe it will be a voodoo talisman for the future. 😀 I thank everyone yet again for their advice and encouragement.
    • By GB_Amateur
      I've been experiencing lower yields due to sites being detected, by me for sure and there are also signs by others previously.  SchoolofHardNox's success on a beach using the Minelab GPX 5000 reminded me to re-read Steve's treatise on using the (in his case original big box Pulsescan) TDI for coin detecting.
      I just a few days ago stumbled upon a promising site where extra depth could be key.  It's a schoolyard going back at least to 1955.  Unfortunately as is the case in many of my public sites, it has a history of backfilling.  From aerial photos I see than in the 50's it was grass/sod covered but in the early 60's they put down gravel.  The person who told me about the site (a person who walked up to talk when he saw me hunting a nearby park) said he was a student there 45-50 years ago and at that time it was (again) grass/sod.  I did a one hour survey hunt with the Minelab Equinox (11" coil) and encountered a couple inch thick gravel layer about 5" down.  I did find one Wheatie below the gravel, but 7" is getting deep for my detector + soil mineralization combination so if coins remain from the 50's (pre- gravel layering) then I expect I will do better with extra depth (and that may even be required).
      One thing I've found in my detecting of these older sites -- there are always nails present.  So even if my TDI/SPP can deliver in the coin category it's going to be signalling on a lot of nails.  One of the tricks Steve used was to set the conductivity switch to high conductors (low tones) but the TDI/SPP doesn't have that feature -- I will be hearing both high and low tones.  This is a dual disadvantage -- extra tones to have to mentally tune out but also extra threshold noise since both parts of the signal spectrum will be contributing to that as compared to only half when the conductivity-low switch selection is made (on all TDI's except the SPP version).
      Here are some specific concerns:
      1) Am I fooling myself thinking I can get extra depth with the TDI/SPP, particularly when it comes at the expense of a noisier threshold?
      2) Which coil(s) should I be using (choices I'm considering are 6"x8" Nugget Finder Sadie mono, 7"x14" NF mono, and 12" round White's 'Aussie' mono)?
      3) Should I flag the promising targets but double check with the Eqx 800 (and if so, should I use the 11" or 12"x15" coil on the 800)?  (Note, even if I choose this route I will likely at first dig, regardless of what the 800 says, just to get an idea of what is giving the signal and how deep the targets are.)
      Any other advice (from anyone) is appreciated.

• By rvpopeye
      Today's hunt was in an old field inland about 5 miles . Short session. Did a grid on a section with lots of moss under a tree. Swept it with the 15x12 ,marked targets and switched to 6" to pinpoint. (9v dead in the 35) Would have switched to the small one anyway , still aching from yesterday....... Half a rivet , an old nail and a 3" piece of barbed wire.     
    • By Againstmywill
      Thanks for any help or direction you can give. The knife is wood on one side and celluloid (maybe) on the other.  
      The spike is from the same field as the other iron piece I found. I couldn't help but hear Gary D.'s voice say something about a decking spike off a Spanish galleon.😁
      I am now digging the deep iron in the area these came from. The other signals are either masked or most are gone due to being dug.
      Thanks again for your wisdom.

• By Steve Herschbach
      “As proven today, the finding of military ordnance from the Civil War is not uncommon in Maryland, and these devices pose the same threat as the day they were initially manufactured,” the fire marshal’s office said. People are encouraged to report such discoveries to the authorities and remember that even vintage artifacts can be deadly. In 2008, a man who collected Civil War relics died after a cannonball he was attempting to restore exploded.”
      https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bomb-squad-detonates-civil-war-cannonball-found-maryland-n1262276
    • By Glenn in CO
      That's $1,000,000 worth of good luck!
      Found this unusual token at a park this week. Can't find a lot of information on this token.