Official Minelab GPX 6000 Page

Well there is nothing about discrimination, target location, swing speed adjustment and mineralisation type in the GPX6000 manual. Possibly the video is old wish list information before there was more concrete (albeit limited) information about the 6000.

• Like 2

Well ,ML sure is blowing a LOT of easy sales by not offering fitted cases !

(A BIG must have in my old world of touring music production.)

and I'd be happy to be the person designing such things for an engineer's pay !

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 2:42 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

It all looks good to me even though I would have preferred a package like Africa, I realize there is no control over how they package it across the world and I get what they send me.  At least we now know for certain the option of the larger 17" MONO will eventually show up for us here in the US.

I was informed by a source I trust, my 3 Day Field Training in early April, not to expect any GPX-6000's.  Maybe I should add a May training class?  I already have a June session for Rye Patch, so we have the bases covered there.

As they say "Patience is a virtue".

Its looking like easter here in oz

• Like 1

So, did just watch a video from the Miner’s Den. It went through the full set up of the GPX6000, how to set sensitivities and modes and how to ground balance etc...

Highly annoying that one venue can post all this information to the public but still hold gags on their testers (and other dealers!) that will be able to give you the low down on it aswell (and probably in better detail). Come on Minelab!

• Like 1

I watched that too Sheppo and to be honest there was very little in there that wasn't already known through this forum and the middle east videos from a month ago.  

Actual price (not just a guess) and the actual date of availability - surely we must be somewhere near being allowed to know.  Even just a "it definitely won't be before April 20th" would be something.   

I just don't understand why Minelab do it this way, but I know I'm not the only one frustrated by them.  

OR MINELAB, just let your testers speak...??  If the units are already boxed and shipped to the middle east I can't see that there will be late changes? 

Happy to be advised what the reality is  🤔  😉

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Northeast said:

OR MINELAB, just let your testers speak...??   

I agree with this statement right here.

It was still far more than what their testers have been allowed to say and to be honest, it’s disappointing, especially with the anticipation surrounding it.

On 3/19/2021 at 5:21 AM, rvpopeye said:

Well ,ML sure is blowing a LOT of easy sales by not offering fitted cases !

(A BIG must have in my old world of touring music production.)

and I'd be happy to be the person designing such things for an engineer's pay !

DIY - I used to make custom cases for delicate monitoring equipment and telescopes doing this - use a empty hard shell case, put a very large plastic bag large enough to fit in the case but with extra folds in it so it can stretch around the parts you want to store in the case (or make a rectangular envelope bag using duct tape and a folded sheet of rectangular plastic to fit inside the case) and fill the bag or envelope with expanding foam just so it expands not more than half way up to the top of just the bottom shell of the case, push half or more of the detector and other parts you want to keep in the case into the top of the bag filled with wet foam and jiggle them a bit to get the fit right.  Be careful not to puncture the bag, and you can also place a separate temporary piece of plastic over the bag while pushing the parts in just in case.  When the foam hardens, you can glue the foam piece into the case to keep it from popping out if needed. You will end up with a nice custom fitted mold of  the bottom part of the detector and the other parts.  Then do the same on the other side if needed (keeping the detector and parts in place in the bottom mold as you close the top half cover of the case with a foam bag in it over them), or just get a piece of rectangular foam thick enough to hold down the contents in the case and glue it into the top shell half.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Reality is Minelab has been producing machines like clockwork, that, once the dust settles, deliver performance comparable to their position in the Minelab lineup. The question generally is not whether you will be using a Minelab to prospect for gold, but which Minelab you will be using.

The GPX 6000 is positioned above the GPX 5000, but below the GPZ 7000. That should tell anyone who knows how the game works with Minelab all they need to know. Those people know this detector does not replace the GPZ 7000, but that Minelab considers it to be the next best thing to having a GPZ 7000. Anyone like me is already lined up to get a GPX 6000 based purely on that equation, along with weight and price. Others can stick with the 7000, safe in the knowledge that it’s still Minelab’s top offering.

Minelab knows all this, and they also know they can’t make these fast enough to satisfy demand in Africa for at least the next year, let alone any for us. If you accept any of this as near reality, then you will see that, in general, every dollar spent promoting the GPX 6000, is a dollar wasted. It does not matter what Minelab does, and in fact they need do nothing else. No testers need to report, no more information. Nothing. The machine will still sell, early buyers will give it a thumbs up (that’s all that matters), so instead Minelab is making efforts to actually produce and deliver the machine. Marketing can blow it completely, and still come up smelling like a rose. That’s the problem. They do whatever, machines sell.... why change?

That’s reality. Another is that I’m angling for a production model of the GPX 6000 as soon as I can lay hands on one. I think it’s safe to say the units seen so far are not production models, but hand assembled preproduction units shipped out for promotional purposes. The real deal is yet to come.

I was going to Quote and respond to different parts Steve but then I just had to quote it all.  Unfortunately everything you mention is reasonable, logical and sensible.  How frustrating  🤣 🤪

Yes, I know where it sits in the line up and I’ll just get back to hurriedly waiting  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Enter the FINAL contest for the chance to win a Minelab T-shirt, Hat, Water Bottle, Headphones, PRO-GOLD Kit, Detector Carry Bag, Backpack, Prospector's Pack and Go-Pro Hero 9.

Competition ends April 2, 2021. T&Cs apply."

Thankfully the end is nigh for these lame Minelab GPX6000 promos - it all comes to an end on April 2 and maybe we will get some decent official information from Minelab after the end of the promo date - but it will be interesting to see if they ever do explain in detail what Geo - Sense is and how it works.

Getting some interesting reliable whispers from people who have had training on the GPX6000 on actual goldfields in South Australia - all good so far.

• Like 3