My Best 9 Ever? 14k/star Sapphire

On 8/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, mn90403 said:

Mike,

I use the 800/15 just about all the time on the beach any more.  I use no discrimination in Beach 1 at 23 sensitivity.  I've learned that deep targets at first can often be a negative number.  I use 50 tones mostly but I have been known to go down to 5.  I stick with that even in very wet sand but I do have another setting I took from King of Bling which is Beach 2 and 2 tone which I crank up to 25.  I can walk faster with that one.  The other one I have to listen for low tones which I have increased my iron tones to 10 ... maybe I should increase that volume even more.

Mitchel

Well...well...well....TY ! 1st off = great hunt on the ring. Plenty of man made stones are worth some bucks. Close to 2 years ago I think I posted that I was getting gold on my 800/15" that were deep AND running in the negatives. Which of course 99% of the guys at the time would not dig. And many just didn't believe me ! After a few scoops or getting them out of the sand , they would read a good solid positive #. The beach 2 , 2 tone has been the ticket for me. But I will experiment with recovery speeds depending on the available targets and how much ground I want to cover. I start high , then back it down to a 3 and go real slow. It is not easy swinging the 15" SLOW and you need to be on high alert ! I also may use a #7 threshold. This might help a few hardcore pro's out there. Again , great find.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That is surprising it came in at -5. Must be because of the salty sand beach. I don't see that on test rings buried deep on a fresh water beach.

• Like 1

Love the look of your star sapphire ring, Mitchel!  Congrats!  👍🏼

I haven’t used my Nox at the beach yet...I probably never will, as long as my TDI Pro with 17x13” coil is still functioning. I don’t mind digging to China on the faint targets...I just quit when I’m wiped out from the digging (3-4 hrs tops)😅

• Like 4