Minelab Wall Hanger Trash Can Lid

8 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

the famous Pieter H

Pieter was the first bloke I ever saw use the RBL coil to good effect. He got a 22oz specie with it at Bob Sargeants patch near Cement Tank in West Oz. He dug over 3ft for it when I was there. He was also the first (I believe) to cut out the plastic in wedges to lighten the weight....

• Like 4

Yes Jerry, personally had wonderful results with that coil, as did many.

Here's Ian Jaques with a few colours on the DBL:

22b3fa.jpg.060351b35b158fa4789ee64fbc0231e3.jpg

Reg Wilson commented:

"Ian with some of the better slugs that we found with our brand new SD2000's on the first day we used them. Between the two of us we pulled over 60 ozs in 2 days. What a way to break in our machines!"

- From the Reg Wilson Gold Album topic:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/4335-the-reg-wilson-gold-album/?tab=comments#comment-46784

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Swegin said:

Hopefully I'll see Pieter this weekend at the gold and gem show.

He's down there somewhere as he purchased a Garrett Axiom from me.  2 yrs ago we detected together for a few days.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Aureous said:

Pieter was the first bloke I ever saw use the RBL coil to good effect. He got a 22oz specie with it at Bob Sargeants patch near Cement Tank in West Oz. He dug over 3ft for it when I was there. He was also the first (I believe) to cut out the plastic in wedges to lighten the weight....

The stories (and he is one who can back it up) he and his wife and tell is just astonishing.  I enjoy sitting around the campfire and listening to his adventures.  heck, I thought I was a well traveled detectorist and he puts me to shame.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Yes Jerry, personally had wonderful results with that coil, as did many.

Here's Ian Jaques with a few colours on the DBL:

22b3fa.jpg.060351b35b158fa4789ee64fbc0231e3.jpg

Reg Wilson commented:

"Ian with some of the better slugs that we found with our brand new SD2000's on the first day we used them. Between the two of us we pulled over 60 ozs in 2 days. What a way to break in our machines!"

- From the Reg Wilson Gold Album topic:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/4335-the-reg-wilson-gold-album/?tab=comments#comment-46784

Most certainly the ones who jumped on the new technology 1st, were paid back handsomely.  Everyone says those days are gone and for the most part, I agree.  But why do I get this itch to hike the next mountain over just to see?  You never know.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 6

Wilma Beaumont in Henderson Nevada was the US Distributor for Minelab when the SD2000 came out. I was a dealer at that time and received one out of the first shipment. I paid $2800 + shipping and it sold for $3495. I was probably one of the first to use one at Rye Patch. It was amazing to say the least. Sorry I don't have photos. I was way too busy to think about taking photos. What an improvement it was over the VLF detectors.

snakejim

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Swegin said:

Hopefully I'll see Pieter this weekend at the gold and gem show.

Swegin: 

Fond Western Australian memories of working with Pieter and Debbie (with the late Jim Stewart) decades ago. Please pass on my greetings!

L to R: me, Jim Stewart, Debbie, Reg Wilson, Pieter, John Hider Smith.

img263a.thumb.jpg.65e942874ddbb187f7c6a50043063f21.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1