Nice Day For Relics - Guest Appearance

Once again, some nice finds. Thanks

• Thanks 1

Another nice hunt again and nice save on the IH.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JCR said:

Once again, some nice finds. Thanks

Thanks JCR,

This farm never fails to be an interesting place to hunt, it's been a very busy place for a long time. We've found that it isn't really worth detecting near the house, others with their "eyes on the prize" have cleaned it out. Scouting new areas and keeping track of previous searches helps a lot. 🙂

There are other fields on both sides of the highway for a couple miles that are also productive.

I'm pretty sure that doorknob plate was carried over to this field by farm equipment, there is an old road dividing the two where an old house stood. Just odd it was a foot deep, a resounding 94 on the Deus 2.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another nice hunt again and nice save on the IH.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks VL,

I brought the Equinox with me, but the cell tower was a nightmare in the place I was looking for stuff, so I had to use the Deus 2. It was silent all day after one noise cancel and ground balance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Wow, congrats again, F350, very cool finds and that stirrup look very old. Well done!

Thanks Cap'n!

Kinda boring stuff after my spectacular find last week, I'm about to do a short tutorial on farm field hunting and testing my methods. It was great to have Chase there to bounce wild theories off of. 😀

In the ~half mile stretch of this field, there are hotspots where people gathered for horse shows or racing or both, I'm getting a really solid picture and intend to share it with the owner. It must have been very popular as I've dug over 100 buttons, horse tack, thimbles, drawer pulls, and other objects that indicate such activity. While others have hunted around the house, they completely missed a wealth of stuff in the other fields. Research and plain old ground pounding have paid off.

I'm told by a friend that the stirrup could be valuable, I'm contemplating restoration efforts along with a sword I found my first year detecting. 🙂

• Like 4

Your finds are not boring to me. I love seeing all the history you unearth and there's something about that stirrup that caught my eye.

I look forward to your farm hunting tutorial too!

BTW, if you want to post it, I'd love to see a photo of the sword. 

• Like 1