Au4Gold2

Goldscreamer Power Pack

Wondering if anyone's using the GoldScreamer power packs for their gpx? Thinking I may have to go that route very soon....if you do how do you like the system? Has anyone had any bad experience with using it as its not an official minelab battery.

I use it and love it! I havnt had any issues yet. I also went wireless headphones.

Hi Goldgetter, thanks for your response! Glad to hear that you're happy with it..Which wireless system do you use?....I may as well go all the way with it and eliminate the constant snags I have when I hunt. 

Use it exclusively on my 5k and love it.

• Like 1

Ive been using mine for 5 years  and logged about 4000 hours of use . it has worked flawlessly for me .i never disconnect it and keep all wires in the same location. some friends of mine have had a few broken wire issues but they were always disconnecting the cable from the control box . the newer screamer cover keeps the power cable in a better spot than the older one. on the side verses the bottom.

also i switched to Wasabi batteries from Amazon and have been very satisfied with their performance. 2 batteries and a charger for $59 . that my two bits good luck!

• Like 2

4000 hours good lord!!!!!!!

RR

19 hours ago, cabelafella said:

Ive been using mine for 5 years  and logged about 4000 hours of use . it has worked flawlessly for me .i never disconnect it and keep all wires in the same location. some friends of mine have had a few broken wire issues but they were always disconnecting the cable from the control box . the newer screamer cover keeps the power cable in a better spot than the older one. on the side verses the bottom.

also i switched to Wasabi batteries from Amazon and have been very satisfied with their performance. 2 batteries and a charger for $59 . that my two bits good luck!

Could you give us a little more info on the Wasabi batteries you're using.

How do you hook them up? Did you solder in your own wires and pin adapter.

I looked them up and don't see anything Minelab specfic but I am in Canada and and looked at Amazon Canada site maybe different on the American site. What are the specs on the battery?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Aptx low latecy look up wire free at last there's a thread on it. I also got the aptx wireless rechargable headphones that work great!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Skullgolddiver
      Joe, are you using a bms module inside the 4s1p tube?I hope not because....
      I actually don't know if I'm correct but seems to be the easier combination for a self balanced recharge without the need of multiple solder and little cables around cells, not to mention the module itself presence inside the pod...
      I'm developing a similar pack for the Tdi and can be the base for the future of my dreamed AQ...
    • By mh9162013
      I just finished the next iteration of my 9V to AAA battery adapter for my Pro-Pointer AT (Carrot). You can read about it in my blog post that will be uploaded soon (see my profile for the link, if you're that curious), but most of the "juice" is in the pictures.
      In case you're wondering (or you don't recall my prior blog posts about this building process😞
      1. Yes, waterproof integrity is maintained.
      2. Yes, the performance when using this adapter is identical to using a regular 9V battery.
      3. Yes, this can still use a regular 9V battery.
      4. Yes, runtime is less than with a regular 9V battery, but should be enough to get you at least a full day (8+ hours) of run time. I estimate this will get you about 1/3 of whatever an alkaline 9V battery will get you.
      5. Yes, this can run on other types of AAA cells, including NiCd, NiMH, lithium (primary; think Energizer Ultimate Lithiums) and alkaline.
      6. I did this modification because I like tinkering and because I really hate 9V batteries.
      Background info of prior builds: 

• By mh9162013
      I've successfully removed 9V batteries from my Garrett Carrot (which now uses AAA batteries) and I've started on the process and getting rid of 9V batteries in my Fisher F2. 
      I've taken the approach if trying to use a single battery to power the F2. A while back, I read from somewhere that the F2 ran off two 9v batteries running in parallel. However, this means that if I use a single battery for the F2, it should work (assuming the single battery has the ability to provide the necessary current). But when I try to use this set up, my battery gets warm. I eventually realized that the Fisher F2 is NOT using a "pure" parallel setup. If it were, it would not be creating a short circuit in my single power source setup. 
      So my question is: how exactly is the Fisher F2 power wiring arranged? It's not parallel and it doesn't appear to be in series, either.
      Any insight would be appreciated.
      Thanks!
    • By Diggin' It
      What kind of batteries ya'll use? I used to buy nothing but Duracell rechargeable, then in the last year I couldn't find any. I just bought some Rayovac with a charger, but they don't seem to hold a charge. I charged them, put them in, they showed full charge as I hunted for about an hour, then the next day only see two dots on the power gauge. I recharged them hoping they needed a break in, but they did the same thing. Now I have used them for 3 days, with only two dots showing, they don't seem to be going any lower, but I don't trust them. I just did a search and found a bunch of Duracells, I might of been looking for the same charger I used to have, that died, and couldn't find it. I hate to go spend more on a different brand...I didn't notice until now, the rechargeable's are 1.2 volt, whereas the regular are 1.5 volt, would that make a difference?

I don't want a battery pack, at least not a NiCad...

• By fredmason
      I seen this issue on the oz forum...is anyone besides me having a problem with the 12v charger for the gpz?
      I have two- one for my ctx and one for the 7000 and they both behave badly...when I plug one into the 12v outlet in my truck it starts flashing red while charging. The manual says this means there may not be enough battery to pull juice from the truck battery...my truck battery is brand new.
      So, I carry a small invertor and plugged that into the 12v outlet, then the battery charger into the inverter...the charger worked fine but my truck battery was  drawn down and I had to jump it...
      so, the second question is this; does the inverter draw a huge amount of amps to go from 12v to 110v to charge a the zed battery???
      Also, is the sensitivey of the minelab chargers adjustable ????
      thanks
      fred
    • By Rail Dawg
      Lost ours out in the sticks lol.
      Where to get a replacement charging cable for the Minelab WM-12?
      Thanks.