Charging Cable Concerns

A.M

From the picture you can see that the detached part has four pins, most likely spring-loaded, push on the printed circuit board, if the support starts to open these will no longer contact, so the plug will no longer charge. however I do not think that the pressure of the four pins can lead to unplugging.

Another thread got started so I merged them making the discussion a bit disjointed. Minelab has been notified and will be on top of this ASAP I am sure. Thank you everyone for alerting them to the issue but no need for repeat notifications at this point.

• Thanks 1

Mine are fine but I could make one suggestion.  When you 'disconnect' from the charging to the detector don't pull it loose by the cord.  Use your fingers and lift it away from the magnetic fastener.  Pulling on the wire leads (pun intended) to problems.

Mitchel

• Like 1

I do not know if the two charging cables are interchangeable but I am not going to hook my module cable to my 800 and visa versa to find out .  Good advise on not pulling the cord to disconnect.  ( on any devise )

11 minutes ago, IdahoAl said:

I do not know if the two charging cables are interchangeable but I am not going to hook my module cable to my 800 and visa versa to find out.

They are the exact same cable. One of the benefits of getting the 800 over the 600 is you get a backup cable.

14 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Mine are fine but I could make one suggestion.  When you 'disconnect' from the charging to the detector don't pull it loose by the cord.  Use your fingers and lift it away from the magnetic fastener.  Pulling on the wire leads (pun intended) to problems.

Mitchel

The way the cable end semi-locks into place I can see hard tugs creating problems. Like Mitchel said, lift the connector end out of place and beware detectors falling over while attached to the cable.

• Like 1