Rye Patch ?

I have heard a lot about Rye Patch Nevada and now that we are retired the wife and i are thinking about taking a trip down there so i can do some detecting for nuggets? We have a 4x4 PU and small 18' camp trailer. Are there areas you can get to with a trailer and set up close to where you want to hunt. Is it even possible to get a trailer in there? Can anyone go and hunt? We are thinking about some time in May, weather in Oregon and over the passes permitting. Any chance some of you might be there and be willing to give a new comer some tips on nugget detecting. I have a Minelab GPX 4000, a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 and a Whites Gold Master V-sat. all of which i need a lot more experience with. Hope to see some of you there.

Check this out if you have not already. http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospecting_info/majuba_mtns.htm

No problem getting your truck and camper over there. Make sure you have a good spare for each. Anyone can go for a hunt but it's your responsibility to make sure you are not on someones claim....that can be confusing if there are no mining signs posted. Most of it is public land that you are free to camp on. There are almost always prospectors there and most are friendly. Watch the heat during the summer months...there are no trees lol

strick

• Like 1

Thanks Strick. I plan on having two or three spares for the truck and one for the trailer. I am familiar with the heat as i am originally from Tucson, Az. Wasn't aware there were claims all over the place though. 

Thank you for the thread info Steve. I will check it out.

Thanks Fred. I am checking out info on My Land Matters and i think i will send an e-mail to the Nevada BLM and see if i can buy any good maps of the area from them.

• Like 1

Yep, we know about the wind and dust. Have made the trip from Oregon to Az, through Nev. a Lot of times. Lots of wide open Nothing. lol