Sign in to follow this  
Dave J

Nokta Impact Going Crazy

Hello, All. Dave in Ohio.

I've been fairly pleased with my Impact since purchasing the pro-pack from KellyCo last year. My negative issues this far have been minor: another short person's detector--Could someone please build a detector that extends far enough? Couple of inches of cable and some extra shaft? Not that big a deal, though a taller detector would be nice. 

My issue now, though, is significant: When I've been detecting for an hour or more, my detector suddenly goes nuts. It starts jumping through numbers and making all kinds of noise. Point it at the ground--crazy. Point it at the air--crazy. Power off and on--the same. New batteries--the same. Changing frequencies or adjusting isat--no change. Lower gain, different coil, switching programs--no help. When it starts to happen, I know it's time to go to my backup detector. 

So? Any ideas or similar issues? Any help much appreciated. 

And yes, I also got online and updated.

If it's doing what it's doing in all 3 freqs, I would seem to think you have something wrong with your detector.

Is this at only one location? EMI might seem unlikely but always needs to be eliminated as a possibility these days. Performance issues like this need to happen in locations distant from each other to be sure EMI is not a factor. Other detectors behaving well in the same locations is not proof enough since all detectors handle these things differently.

If you have eliminated EMI as a potential issue then the unit does sound like it has a problem.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:32 AM, Dave J said:

Hello, All. Dave in Ohio.

I've been fairly pleased with my Impact since purchasing the pro-pack from KellyCo last year. My negative issues this far have been minor: another short person's detector--Could someone please build a detector that extends far enough? Couple of inches of cable and some extra shaft? Not that big a deal, though a taller detector would be nice. 

My issue now, though, is significant: When I've been detecting for an hour or more, my detector suddenly goes nuts. It starts jumping through numbers and making all kinds of noise. Point it at the ground--crazy. Point it at the air--crazy. Power off and on--the same. New batteries--the same. Changing frequencies or adjusting isat--no change. Lower gain, different coil, switching programs--no help. When it starts to happen, I know it's time to go to my backup detector. 

So? Any ideas or similar issues? Any help much appreciated. 

And yes, I also got online and updated.

Hello Dave. I just happened to see this post as I am traveling in Russia for a rally.

If you contact me at dilek@noktadetectors.com, I will be happy to assist you further next week.

Regards,

Dilek 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By dewcon4414
      Well i wondered when this would happen.   Ive got at least 700 hours on my Nox ... but this morning in shallow water she let me down.  Top part of the cuff broke off.   The cuffs are really to far apart and with the torques we put on them back and forth you may consider a metal one a better choice if you water hunt.   Kind of bad, i wanted to hunt with a couple of people from a few hours away who came for a few day and hadnt been able to because of the less that great weather.   So about an hour into it........ ugh.   But i kept pushing it along...... in the wet sand.   At least i got a 1.4 gram 18K (750) necklace charm for all that work lol.   Got home and called Jamie at ML........ new one coming Monday.   How bout that for FAST?  Thanks ML.    At least there were finally some trash to at least chase around so ...... road trip again tomorrow.   Like most of us ive got a few cuffs laying around.

• By Iain
      I recently lost sound whilst detecting. The detector was working just fine. I turned it off after finding 3 small pieces of gold to have some lunch. After i turned it back on and went through the quick start process it just dropped sound. Only noise i got was turning the wireless off and on. Then the detector would shut down without removing the battery. I tried to reset, also didn't work. Very frustrating as i was on a good area and had driven 560km. Please advise as im at a loss. The detector hasn't been used more than 20 times, ie brand new. 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Pictures leaked at this Italian website and elsewhere have been floating around the last few months. The Nokta Anfibio is basically what you would get if you crossed a Nokta Impact with a Makro Multi Kruzer. Besides being waterproof the new model has an external wrap coil cable instead of the internal routing used on the Impact. The prototype pictured is from March however and changes may be made before release so take all that with a grain of salt.
      Use Google translate to read the page in English (or whatever).
      I would expect this model to be released officially at Detectival in September.
      and it happens..... 9/20/18 New Nokta Anfibio metal detector announced

Nokta Anfibio selectable frequency waterproof metal detector
    • By Andy2640
      Anyone had the problem of their pro-find 35 losing its bleeping audio?  Still got the vibrations and hence some resonance sound, but its as if ive gone deaf, which evidently i haven't.
      Is this serious?

Thanks, Andy.
    • By relicmeister
      So I went to top off the charge in my nox 800 and after connecting the magnetic cable I saw that the charging indicator light wasn't on or flashing. So I brushed off potential debris that might be keeping the cable from making connection and tried again. Same thing. I checked on my wm08 module and it started charging. I tried my other cable and same thing also. I checked the contacts and  surfaces on the cable and the detector and looks fine, just not working. So I did a factory reset- that didn't fix it either.    Has this happened to anyone? Am I missing something? I've already emailed customer service 
      i last had 2 of 3 bars on my charge level so I'm leaving it connected to the charger overnight and will check if it's still 2 bars. 
      Quite an annoying situation, but it is the first issue I've had with it to date. 
    • By midalake
      If you are using the WM08 AND the minelab waterproof cable, AND black Widows or Sun Ray phones and you "think" you are having performance issues please let me know!