Mars Coils For Equinox?

There is quite a bit of negativity about whether Minelab will support the Equinox directly with enough coils. It certainly does not help that things seem to take so long. A lot of that is “watched pot syndrome”. The Equinox has only been widely available for a couple months. The 6” coil is now available, and will be in large quantity in the next few weeks. Then we will see the large coil out before the end of the year. It’s not really taking forever - it just seems that way! :smile:

The key is/was popularity, and I think we all know the story there now. I do not expect the flow of coils to stop, and by the end of next year I bet we are all pretty happy with what is available.

• Like 2

The 6" on the Nox is pretty decent.  It exceeded my expectations and actually sings out well on the 7 to 8 inch coins and relics in my test garden.  The only catch is, I had to reduce recovery speed to make the targets not sound clipped in audio.  I'm not going to hold my breath but I would love to see an 8 or 9 inch round coil for the Nox.  Word on the street is Makro will probably produce one first...if they do, the Multi Kruzer will probably knock the Nox out of my hands for a freshwater beach water machine.  I like the Nox performance and audio better but 6" is too small and 11" too large in water.

With the sensitivity the Nox has a nice 9" coil for beach hunting would be a real big deal...... but they need to go to the Xcal style for water hunting.   I think a 13" would be as well.   Id like to see a narrower coil like the Mars or NEL.   IF ML wants to make more money off this machine........ take a page out of the Sov book and make more coils.