I have broken my head phones that came with my Minlab monster 1000. I have tried searching for another pair that will work without rewiring everything but I don't understand exactly what it is I need. Can anyone recommend a good pair of head phones for the Monster 1000?

There is a fair bit on the forums about it already if you do a search but using mono headphone always works, not super easy to come by so it's easier to use a mono adapter to go to 1/4" headphones then you can use any 1/4"  headphones, the other option which I prefer is using a low latency bluetooth transmitter and using wireless headphones.

The easier option is just get these, sounds like you won't be disappointed

Is that also true of the Equinox (stereo to mono adapter)?  Wanting to be able to use the 1/4" headphones I use with the Etrac in a pinch (if my wireless earbuds die), I picked up an adapter someplace, but it doesn't seem to work.

A mono adapter works for me on the Equinox with any headphones I've tried.  I really haven't struggled with headphones on my Minelabs, all have worked fine, maybe I'm lucky.

• Like 1

Hi,

If you're in Quartzite, Rob's Detectors in Surprise AZ should have those headphones in stock. He is a great guy and would certainly help you out. He has a website. If he is not traveling he usually replies quickly. Serious Detecting has them too in Ypsilanti if you're in Michigan. They should cost about $30. If you can find a mono adapter......good luck on that.  I had two pair of the stock headphones from the Gold Monster and Nox 600 but one crashed and burned almost immediately! They are very poorly made in my opinion.

Jeff

Sennheiser 280 Pro (been a LONG time but I think that's the name)….  Been using them for ear protection when I practice my drums, use them with my eTrac, use them when listening to stereo, and they come with both 1/4 & 1/8" jack.  Although they are audiophile, noise cancelling phones they work in the Monster just fine.  I don't use phones with the Monster normally just the speaker. Have been using the same set of Senns for 8-9 years now with NO complaints or problems.  Think they ran about $80 8-9 yrs ago?????

PS....My Monster phones didn't even work right outta the box....junk (rolling eyes)……..

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/sennheiser-hd-280-pro-closed-back-headphones/j42590000001000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXMP&msclkid=944c2b554b6512630dbe70ab7fb0886f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%5BADL%5D%20%5BMF%5D%20%5BNon-Brand%5D%20%5BPLA%5D%20%5BUS%5D%20%5BEnhanced%5D%20%5BShopping%5D%20-%20Manufacturer&utm_term=1100506609704&utm_content=PLA%20-%20Product%20Type&adlclid=ADL-29d25c01-e3fd-426f-acd0-0d63c5e59249

The CTX 3030, GPZ 7000, Gold Monster, Equinox, and possibly other Minelab models require stereo headphones that are properly wired so that the external speaker will shut off when the headphones are plugged in. Mono headphones will always work, and a mono to stereo adapter will fix stereo headphones that are not wired properly.

The Sun Ray Pro Gold CTX version will work with all these detectors but may require a 1/8” to 1/4” adapter.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The CTX 3030, GPZ 7000, Gold Monster, Equinox, and possibly other Minelab models require stereo headphones that are properly wired so that the external speaker will shut off when the headphones are plugged in. Mono headphones will always work, and a mono to stereo adapter will fix stereo headphones that are not wired properly.

The Sun Ray Pro Gold CTX version will work with all these detectors but may require a 1/8” to 1/4” adapter.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphon

Steve......I have read where these headphone have kind of wimpy switches on them that break easy and come out of the adjustment that you set them in. I would be interested in your thoughts on them. I guess I am fairly hard on my equipment though I understand they will work with anything. Thank you for the wiring explanation. 

I have used the Sun Ray Pro Gold for as long as they have made them, and have a couple pairs. Never had problems with them personally. They are not exceptionally heavy duty but not cheap either.

Detector Pro made a model for the gold monster. Very nice well made headphones with a 1/8" jack. Givve Ronnie a call at Detector Pro.