54 minutes ago, Swegin said:

I don't know what the equinox shaft dia. is...

Just measured mine.  The upper shaft (where the armrest and control unit/handle mount) is 22.06 mm OD, +/-0.01 mm.  Of course there could be manufacturing variations, but probably pretty small if they exist.  (The fact that some feel wobble in the shaft assembly and others don't might be an indication of variations, but there are other plausible explanations to that.)

If the overseas seller would put them on Ebay, that would make purchasing/ selling  so simple.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Echidna .. do you already have an adapter ?,  ..Lovec pokladu..it's Minelab dealer and service-Is there a possibility to pay by Credit card.... and Go-pay ..What the best communication is to send them an email ...- there would be no problem to communicate ...

El NINO, I emailed them but they wanted me to prepay in Euro to a specified account.  Account details were very strange and I couldn't understand how to make it work so I gave up.  If they would just put them on Ebay it would be so simple.

• Like 1

Echidna - If you're still interested in the Adapter? .. I order, and send the adapter to your address ...

16 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Echidna - If you're still interested in the Adapter? .. I order, and send the adapter to your address ...

EL NINO,  That is a very gracious offer of you and much appreciated......but we still have the same problem.  How do I arrange payment to you in another country in another currency?  It is too much trouble for such a small thing for both of us.  Thank you so much for your offer.  

Frank

pay for adapter and shipping through pay-pal ..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

pay for adapter and shipping through pay-pal ..

El Nino I have sent you a pm.

Steve,  That's a great modification and I just might be right behind you as customer #2 when and if that becomes available in the States. 

The only real concern for my situation is how sand from our beaches might affect the operation of the telescoping shafts and the locks over time.  No matter how careful one is and how precautionary you think you've been, beach sand gets on and into everything.

Thanks for the post...

• Like 1

This is not a rod I would use on the beach for the very reason you mention. These shafts use orings to snug the cam locks and sand in them from constant beach use would not be a good idea.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      I figured I should post this here as I posted the information elsewhere on the forum that's less relevant than here.
      Our extremely innovative Russian friends have managed to make a range of aftermarket coils for the Equinox, they remove the security chip out of your coil, reseal your coil and give you an adapter which then allows you to run aftermarket coils.  They make a range of sizes too.   My pick of the bunch would be the 9.5x5.5!

That's the range of sizes and pricing in Russian currency.
      You can find out more about it here on these Russian forums, you'll have to use Google translate or something similar to read it.
      Original thread
      http://foxmd.ru/index.php?route=product/category&path=77_92
      More information
      http://foxmd.ru/index.php?route=product/category&path=93
      And videos from them about the coils
      and lucky last 🙂
      When nobody can do it, the Russians do and they do it well.

• By Pavlos97
      Hi everyone,
      I want make me sure if my program on my Detector is properly set or..
      I own Equinox for 4 weeks and walked lot of km with it (90% of time on field). But I am still little confused about my settings to forest. I tryied with settings: field 1, 5 tone, disc -9 to 0, Rs 4 and iron bias 2. Our woods is pretty clear, so I can get more depth. (I am coin hunter)
      What I read or what I heard is that park 2 is more to depth than field 1..
      But park 2 is more for dirty locations..
      I'm from central Europe and local old silver coins are differently conductive because of their age and and size.
      what would you recommend? Park or field settings?
      I'm still trying to understand it and I'm still learning. I will be glad for your advice, I have not read anything about the forest anywhere in the topic.
      PS: sorry for my english I'm not native speaker 

Thank you
    • By JohnnyRox
      Which do you think will hit deeper on wet sand?  I'd prefer a TDIBH over a DF but I'm budget limited.  
    • By Airtemisa
      I share an image of today.
      It is a beach, at low tide, and the sand is not too mineralized.
      I have always used the Beach1 mode, but I have doubts about using Beach2 (or other custom)
      Yes, I know that it is best to test - error, but some of you have a lot of experience, and that is why I would like to hear your comments and why. And if it's another way, I'm all ears.
      Thank you so much guys!

• By abenson
      Here's a video of the Minelab Vanquish 540, Equinox 800 and eTrac comparing some targets while relic hunting. The area is challenging because there are not many targets left and the EMI is terrible.
      Steve if this should be under Comparisons feel free to move the post. Thanks