phoenix

The New Coils For The 23 And 7

Yeah JP I understand all of that as do most of us but now over 4 years on Minelab have left us out in the cold.  They have had the time to make the Equinox and 3 coils for it havent they?  On Minelabs part this make smart money sense as they sold crate loads of them, dont get me wrong I love my nox but I will be cutting the plug off my GPZ14 in the next week or so and making patch leads as I need a smaller coil and Minelab wont make one simple.  Giving a long list of technical reasons why they havent done so yet are basically just excuses in my opinion, especially when they introduced the Z, it was marketed with a future smaller coil.

• Like 7

My guess is someone at Minelab probably figured they would make more $ selling  complete detectors, as in sdc2300s, than by offering a small coil option for the gpZ

• Like 4

2 hours ago, goldwright said:

Minelab have left us out in the cold.  They have had the time to make the Equinox and 3 coils for it  Giving a long list of technical reasons why they havent done so yet are basically just excuses in my opinion, especially when they introduced the Z, it was marketed with a future smaller coil.

Hell Ya!!  exactly what I've been thinking... excuses.. excuses.... Minelab needs to get on this...Minelab is no different then a work horse in my mind.... I buy their stuff to find stuff....and there slacking big time in the GPZ extra coil department....someone needs to put the spurs and a good solid whip to them....get off your Arse minelab :biggrin: 

strick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JP I have just spent 4 hours behind the 15" X coil, after our local Dawn Service, nowhere near enough time for a proper review, but results like you know with the Z then the 19" ML are what I go by not by not users bad reviews or gossip. I gave it a wee go and proved it as being magic, this winter it will get a flogging. 

Going back some 30 years or so I put you onto gold indirectly through our NQ dealer, I`m going to do the same again, no fee just happy to do it, try a X coil, like the ML 19" it runs in my country in normal, it is stable belting rocks, in long grass, and importantly gets gold. Maybe in time they fail, but all manufacturers have failures even ML, maybe they`ll harm the Z buh……….. we could talk maybes til the cows come home, lets just talk gold.

You know I am a proud Ozzy of our Ozzy ML, MLs products have given me my good standard of living, I am not knocking ML, just giving X coils a go. I am not affiliated with X coil, I just bought it from Davsgold as a customer and got it posted in no time.

Av a go with a X coil, no bum steer here just go for it.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Norvic said:

JP I have just spent 4 hours behind the 15" X coil, after our local Dawn Service, nowhere near enough time for a proper review, but results like you know with the Z then the 19" ML are what I go by not by not users bad reviews or gossip. I gave it a wee go and proved it as being magic, this winter it will get a flogging.

It's great to hear you're getting good results Norvic, I'm looking forward to hearing about JW's easter run with them too.  From what I've seen so far they're doing the job nicely for him.  I hope to get one for my GPX at some point, I like to try new things.   I wasn't around at the time but I wonder how people felt about Coiltek and Nugget Finder in the early GP days making coils, was it the same where some were against them saying they'd make your detector spontaneously combust or something similar? :laugh: 

I wonder if Minelab has a strong influence on some peoples opinions on things like aftermarket coils for the GPX, SDC and Zed, especially Minelab authorized dealers.

98943864-vector-illustration-of-cartoon-puppet.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It's great to hear you're getting good results Norvic, I'm looking forward to hearing about JW's easter run with them too.  From what I've seen so far they're doing the job nicely for him.  I hope to get one for my GPX at some point, I like to try new things.   I wasn't around at the time but I wonder how people felt about Coiltek and Nugget Finder in the early GP days making coils, was it the same where some were against them saying they'd make your detector spontaneously combust or something similar? :laugh: 

I wonder if Minelab has a strong influence on some peoples opinions on things like aftermarket coils for the SDC and Zed.

Yeah, I was never involved in forums back in Coiltek and NFs founding days, but I got onto using their coils with good results, had a good yack with  Ronans Dad down in Wedderburn Vic "last century".

As to ML, of course because they have been well on top with gold MDs and because they are one of the few OZ successful companies they`ve copped a lot of flack, as you know us Ozzies are tops at knocking successful people, for me I`m very proud to use their products and give em plugs, but I don`t wear blinkers, getting golds what tis about.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I wonder if Minelab has a strong influence on some peoples opinions on things like aftermarket coils for the GPX, SDC and Zed, especially Minelab authorized dealers.

I call this type of rhetoric the ‘Barking Dog’ syndrome!! The barking dog only ever makes a noise when the car is moving off!!?

To put everyone in the picture, I’ve spent well over 200 hours on various stages in the development of the Russian coils so am in a very good position to pass comment. I am not instructed by anyone on my opinion, and hold to my comments on this thread, including my opinion of the way they are now being prematurely marketed.

Kind of ridiculous about the type of flak I’m now receiving because I’m probably the most qualified person to have ever used one. The individual who is making the coils has been very greatful for my feedback and continues to communicate with me regularly!!

JP

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I call this type of rhetoric the ‘Barking Dog’ syndrome!! The barking dog only ever makes a noise when the car is moving off!!?

To put everyone in the picture, I’ve spent well over 200 hours on various stages in the development of the Russian coils so am in a very good position to pass comment. I am not instructed by anyone on my opinion, and hold to my comments on this thread, including my opinion of the way they are now being prematurely marketed.

Kind of ridiculous about the type of flak I’m now receiving because I’m probably the most qualified person to have ever used one. The individual who is making the coils has been very greatful for my feedback and continues to communicate with me regularly!!

JP

That wasn't directly directed at you JP, more so the notice Minelab sent to all of their dealers about the SDC coils and I was wondering if they're doing the same sort of thing with the Zed coils, It makes them feel they shouldn't be selling them.   I also wonder if they were similarly displeased with the NF and Coiltek coils when they first come out. 

My reasoning is some of these coils have likely influenced peoples decisions to buy a Minelab detector in the first place in turn giving Minelab even more sales of their detectors, I know I liked the idea when buying my GPX that there were massive amounts of coils available for it which encouraged me to buy one in the first place. I am betting sales of the GPZ would go up if there was a good range of coils for it.

It's actually quite pleasing you've been involved in the Russian coils in some way, the more input the maker gets from those in the know the better the end product will be.  People getting them now know they're early adopters and things can change and improve with them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

JP

Ah ha thank you for the enlightenment, and your review from use.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

So.....JW....How did that 10” work last weekend?  :laugh:

To tell you the truth, I have not taken the 15 x 14 off yet. I am going over old flogged deeper ground that the ML 14" is no longer producing for me. Hoping the 15 x 14 will get something bigger deeper like it did the weekend before.

20190414_115646

20190414_115632

I don't know when I will give the 10 x 9 a spin as I have a lot of this deeper ground to go over. Saving the 10 x 9 for the shallow tighter areas that the 15 x 14 wont get into. I am also loving the 15 x 14 X coil right now. The sensitivity on small gold at depth is surpassing the ML 14". Of that there is no doubt in my mind. For a tease here is the result of a couple of days with it last weekend from ground that the ML 14 gave up on many attempts ago.

20190423_181851

Small & at depth

20190419_152536

unbelievable

20190421_134210

20190421_121244

20190421_121301

No deeper bigger ones lurking....yet....on this spot. Conditions are far from ideal with the grass growth just being so crazy.

Forced to detect the bald spots to get the coil on the soil.

20190421_115211

20190421_115220

Mrs JW doing what she does now when she tags along. Reads her girly mag & does the cross word. She is  a good girl. A keeper :biggrin:

20190419_113241

Got three small bits from those back filled holes above left of the detector. This was the exact spot I very first ran the GM 1000 when I got three little bits as well, but missed these three. More of  a post to come. Cheers

JW :smile:

• Like 8