Hello From Atlanta, Ga USA

maxxkatt

I have been on the forum since June 2018 but mostly reading  other's posts. Lots of good people on this forum. I have learned it is a good place to learn because most on this forum know what they are talking about.

Used an AT Pro for 3 years and bought a Nox 800 in March 2018. What a learning curve. I now have a Vanquish 540 with the 12" and 8" coil on order. I tried the Simplex+ but too different from the Nox 800 so sold it for only that reason. It is a good machine. The Vanquish will come with little or no learning curve for an Equinox user. The steep 800 learning curve was enough for me in one lifetime.

My main interest is research and hunting for Civil War relics which are still available if you do your research around Atlanta and north of Atlanta up to Chattanooga.

5 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

What a learning curve

I know what you are talking about and I am still learning about mine all the time I get out.

It has been a few months since I have been hunting due to weather and now a shoulder problem.

Hope you have great luck on your next hunt.

12 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

I now have a Vanquish 540 with the 12" and 8" coil on order. I tried the Simplex+ but too different from the Nox 800 so sold it for only that reason. It is a good machine. The Vanquish will come with little or no learning curve for an Equinox user. The steep 800 learning curve was enough for me in one lifetime.

My main interest is research and hunting for Civil War relics which are still available if you do your research around Atlanta and north of Atlanta up to Chattanooga.

Actually I am currently using here in the North of France the Vanquish 540 V12 in a similar environment as yours I think , the 1st WW .

I find the 540 excellent in this kind of "war relics" hunting . It is very accurate and goes deep with the  V12 coil , the shaft is  a real pleasure , the 540 is very simple to use , very reliable  , however requires a few hours to get used to the audio. Normally I am rather a coin hunter but with the corona limitations I canot take my car to go to my usual areas for the moment  .. 

Just one more thing  I very often use a pinpointer with the 540 V12 , I have the ML Profind 35 that I find excellent for locating targets  , also because it has an iron disc that helps a lot for certain big ferrous deeply buried that sometimes give a good signal  ..

Happy Hunting ..

• 1 month later...

Hello Maxxkatt, 

Welcome!

Love Blue Ridge, and Stone Mountain areas North of you! Also an AT Pro and Knox 800 user! It's a great hobby, with great people here!!

Keep on learning, and digging!👍👍