Fisher Impulse AQ Rod Length Measurements

On 6/19/2020 at 11:18 AM, Badger-NH said:

Too bad the stock shaft is so short. I'm six feet tall and it sounds like the LTD would be way too short for me without that middle rod.

Well  am on the list and since I am 6'4 sounds like I need to buckle up.  Does anyone know if the Equinox rod will fit the coil????  Other aftermarket rods??/ I guess it is just the norm in this day and age to have to get/replace stuff on new products? 

Thanks Dave

35 minutes ago, midalake said:

Well  am on the list and since I am 6'4 sounds like I need to buckle up.  Does anyone know if the Equinox rod will fit the coil????  Other aftermarket rods??/ I guess it is just the norm in this day and age to have to get/replace stuff on new products? 

Thanks Dave

No, Equinox does not even fit other Minelab product. Why would you not just buy the $10 Fisher middle rod?

If you are thinking complete rod replacement, think again. Look at the lower rod again - brand new yoke design, you will not find it anywhere else but Fisher at this time. And that upper rod assembly? The power and audio routes through the handle into the sealed end cap behind the elbow. You just don't remove the handle and put on another rod, you need to rewire everything and recreate the power and audio outlets.

The only reasonable solution at this time is that $10 middle section.

fisher-impulse-aq-lower-rod-length.jpgfisher-impulse-aq-upper-rod-length.jpgfisher-metal-detector-middle-rod-section.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you are thinking complete rod replacement, think again. Look at the lower rod again - brand new yoke design, you will not find it anywhere else but Fisher at this time. And that upper rod assembly? The power and audio routes through the handle into the sealed end cap behind the elbow. You just don't remove the handle and put on another rod, you need to rewire everything and recreate the power and audio outlets.

OK, well that covers it. Sorry to hear about your breakdown. [ugh]   Do I need to go to headphone school with this machine too??  😏  lol...…..

Dave

• Like 1

Headphones as far as I know nobody else is using the same fitting as the Impulse (it is a conspiracy that they all be different), so you would need to replace the waterproof connector on other models on the market for them to work. I am going to make an adapter to 1/4" or 1/8" very soon so I can go wireless, and will start a new thread on that.

This version a complete rod replacement is at least a possibility for those so inclined. The new model when it comes out will have the batteries integrated into the design, making a rod replacement an even more difficult proposition. Since the Limited is going to have no more than 99 units made, I don't see anyone jumping into making custom rods for them.

That middle rod is not easy to find for something used on so many First Texas (Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics) detectors. Black, gold, and gray versions are made.

I got my spare at Kellyco for $9.99 and I had a $5 off coupon so half off, but with shipping ended up being $12 delivered.

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/middle-rod-only-current-models

fisher-metal-detector-middle-rod-section.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

My wife says my pants drag along the ground....

Are you sure she said 'pants' and not 'knuckles'?