Day 3..day 6 Added........ Anonymous (carolina) Fisher AQ Hunter...14k Chain!

His words...

Not a single coin today. The caps should not have been there. Things are moving now I guess.

Ozark trail knife in good shape. Four other Hunters there. No gold for them. Times are tough. Chain is 14k...

117970339_1019848161775812_6134520959616374881_n.jpg

118009775_307574310578413_8506765209585289597_n.jpg

Could you ask if anonymous could tell if the chain was balled up? That has the look of the thin weave or possibly a hollow weave chain that are not easy to hit, or even to hit at all. Excellent recovery.

And I love the knife too!

Nice chain. I like knife.

21 hours ago, tvr said:

Could you ask if anonymous could tell if the chain was balled up? That has the look of the thin weave or possibly a hollow weave chain that are not easy to hit, or even to hit at all. Excellent recovery.

And I love the knife too!

So much for posting anonymously hahahahaha. Thanks to Joe for respecting my request. I live in a pirate rich area and being the first with the AQ can cause animosity. Anyway I’m over it. tvr, I believe I have made a rookie mistake. The chain was a long signal. I thought wire or chain. First scoop, out came a cap. That confused me so I thought maybe the cap was so shallow it gave such a long signal. I scanned the hole again and about four inches to the right I got another hit. First scoop nothing , second scoop up comes the chain hanging off the tip of my scoop. I hurried backwards out of the wash and pulled out this beautiful chain. The chain had a knot the size of a marble so I assumed that is what responded. I now believe I made a rookie mistake. No matter what I do now I can not get the chain to ping anywhere on the coil. 7u’s nothing. I believe now the medallion or cross was in the hole and in my excitement I left the hole and medallion.  I will always scan the area again when I find an empty chain before I back out of the surf. Kinda sick now !

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

The chain had a knot the size of a marble so I assumed that is what responded. I now believe I made a rookie mistake. No matter what I do now I can not get the chain to ping anywhere on the coil. 7u’s nothing. I believe now the medallion or cross was in the hole and in my excitement I left the hole and medallion.  I will always scan the area again when I find an empty chain before I back out of the surf. Kinda sick now !

Welcome back from anonymity!

Could have been the knot. I've had a couple of knotted chains that dropped back on the sand, the detector still saw them. After getting home and un-knotting I couldn't get even a little hiss or threshold rise out of even when re-knotting ... and I know that feeling of ... maybe there was more there. Very nice piece of gold in any case!

Wife and I were in your neck of the woods this past third week of June. Robbed the bay side water of a nice little bit of gold ... a thin 14K size 7 ring. Wife has now claimed it.

Again, thank you for the reports on the AQ!

• The title was changed to Day 3....... Anonymous Fisher AQ Hunter...14k Chain!

Day 4 of anonymous with AQ was a rest day.

Day 5 of anonymous with AQ, targets far and few between. Rough surf prevented getting down deep in the wash. Volume 8, sensitivity 4, threshold 4, ATS 8 1/2, reject 4, delay 8. A little chatter but no problem picking out targets. Tungsten carbide  and mood ring was the best of it.

Nice reports Carolina and congrats on the gold. I’ll bet you’ll be showing us plenty more. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Day six for anonymous was a lot better than day five. Basically the same settings as before volume 8, sensitivity up to 5, threshold 4, ATS 8 1/2, reject 4 and delay back up to 9. Can not help but dig the caps and tabs. Dime was a grunt, nickels sharp and tight. 10k ring with good diamonds and grill were sharp also. Rest tomorrow back at it Tuesday. Good luck everybody.

B4D08F1A-B7C9-41A5-A494-F8FC518AE0DC.jpeg

1B1708E6-6C74-4D93-9A0F-2D7360547660.jpeg