Burned Out My Retinas

I just upgraded the forum to the next major release, 4.5.2. This time they did some changes to the overall look and feel. Most of the changes are improvements but the new high contrast colors and bold fonts are almost too bright, too sharp. The header went stark white so I dialed that back to blue. Anyway, I'll be tweaking the look and feel for a few days. A couple of the old add on modules are now out of date so need to deal with that also.

For any nerds out there, here is the forum feature change list. One new thing is there will be a new mobile app. If you visit lots of Invision powered websites (like Chris', Bill's, and Rob's) it may be of interest.

aa-forum-post.jpg

The old color scheme. Less bright colors, blue text instead of black and white, more of a gray background.....

IMG_0548.jpg

I like the blue; looks sharp! Keep up the good work!👍👍

33 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

One new thing is there will be a new mobile app.

Cool.  I like the new look and feel.  I just have trouble finding the edit button now despite knowing where it is, since I am so used to it being on the bottom of the post.  Causes a stutter step for me (I use it a lot).  Ha!

Chase,

I'm glad you pointed the edit button out! I thought we lost it!🤣👍👍

5 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

I can't tell any difference except for the font---

What about you over there Norvic????

I like it, bit like my Kindle Paperwhite, clear as.  Digging the stuff !! scoundrel !! no respect these young generators. Judging by the size of the scraps I`m getting I`m starting to wonder if I`m in JWs and Phrunts back yard.

I know one thing. The upgrades sure don't like Widows 7 with IE 11. I have been viewing the forum since I joined in Dec. 2013 using IE and windows 7. Now I can't post replies or answer PM's plus everything is way over size. Borrowed a computer to post this. Guess I'll just be a read only here. I'm sticking with IE and win 7 because it is still compatible with all  the other forums I visit and its easier for me to navigate back and forth between sites. I know, got to go with progress.